i got a lot of shit for this hand 4rm the table..

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Googlez said:
do you guys know that these "under cards" and "tweeners" and all that other "crap hands" that are "dominated" by AA, KK, AK, QQ, etc. etc. are really not THAT FAR behind? You guys too heavily rely on "strong hands".
78%-22% (AA vs 54s) is "not THAT FAR behind"? ok

G

Googlez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well hopefully everyones playin in the titan $5 tomarrow....
we'll see how my 4-5 goes

N

nwtfdan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good result from a bad call. How many times have you called with a hand like that and it didn't work out? Lots for all of us, I'm sure. But like I said, it was a good result. And something that I've never seen mentioned here: the more callers in a hand, the LESS probable you are to catch your cards. It's normal to think that it is a better deal to call with marginal hands with more people in the pot, but it is not.
You got a lucky flop, but with an all in as the next move, I'd have had to think hard about a call, even then. The only possible card that gives you the stone nuts is 3s, right? Who's to say your opponent didn't raise with 67,78,89,9 10,10 J, or JQ of spades? That's a lot of cards that beat you, and if you stayed in with 45s, couldn't you already be beat? Like I said the only card you can get is the 3s for a guarantee. I'd have to think about that one before a shrug and a call, but I'm a pretty tight player, too.

Dan

tazztaz

tazztaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:embarasse Almost afraid to say it but. I some times play low Buy in tourneys (ie 1. /.1) if it is late and I feel like playing, but don't feel sharp enough to go playing for a real steak. Alot of the times at these lower level buys I will make a call just like that early on, for one these lower limit games are more to kill time than to win anything. Also these games are predominately young/eager or beginers, and just can't get off starting hands. Some times it pays off and some times it doden't, but when it dose just like Googlez hand here it can pull you right into a small payday. One recent example $3 + .30 4 table at the tank 3rd hand I am dealt 7 8 suited in the big blind and a 3 way pot for 3 times the BB and I call flop comes A 4 5 rainbow I check @nd bets the min 3rd and 4th call I call turn 6 the board is a rainbow c s h d I bet the pot 2nd calls 3rd goes all in 4th calls I call 2nd folds flop K I take the pot put 2 out and have 1 crippled . I play the rest of the tourney at my best and make the final table with a nice chip lead. Get to heads up and push the other guy around all I can get away with, the final hand I have about 10 time the chips he dose he goes all in w/ AA iI am holding 8 9 suited I call and flop the str8. This is not a play I recomend but don't condemn in certain situations ei heads up with a nice lead.

C

chicubs1616

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1500 play chips
If it's play chips...who cares!!! You might as well go all-in lol...

This is a ridiculous post, I don't even know where to start...I'm just gonna sit this one out.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands