J

JimmyChoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
SG
Chips
Playing 25/50 - 8max online NLH
This particular hand happens on bomb pot (3BB - $150 for every player)

Flop : 5C 4S 10S (Pot 24BB - $1200)
Villian(UTG) : Open 8BB -$400 (1/3 of the pot) [Villian Remaining Stack: $10,300]

Hero UTG+1 : Raise with AS 5S to 24BB - $1200 [Hero Remaining Stack: $12,000]

All folds and villan called
[Villian Remaining Stack: $9,400

Turn : KD (Pot 180BB - $3600)
Villian(UTG) : Checked

Hero UTG+1 : Bet around 2/3 of the pot - $2300 [Hero Remaining Stack: $9700]

Villian(UTG) : Called [Villian Remaining Stack: $7100]

River : 9C (Pot 410BB - $8200)

Hero UTG+1 : Bet half pot - $4100
[Hero Remaining Stack: $5600]

Villian(UTG) : Tank for 10 secs & called

Villian: Won the pot with QS 9S

Questions :

1) ls that more to a fish bet for hero or more towards a fish call from Villian?

2) Should Hero check back more often than betting the river more often?

3) Should Villian call more often on the river than fold more often on the River?

4) What kind of play should the Hero execute on the Flop/turn/river for the best play?

5) What kind of play should the Villian execute on the Flop/turn/river for the best play?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Interesting hand. Is this US$? if so it's very high stakes.

Not an expert in bomb pots, I assume you acted 4th with 4 players behind.

I think calling or raising flop is fine, generally you don't want to raise middle pair but you have loads of equity here so it is OK and might get weak Tx to fold behind.

On the turn it's ok to continue bluffing and if villain has Tx it wont be comfortable continuing. That said you do take your pair and turn it into a bluff, certainly some merit in checking back and taking a free card.

On the river, you dont have the best bluffing hand but you perhaps dont have many bluffs anyway, the problem is your size is too small for the story you are telling, what are you trying to say,? that you have a set or at least 2 pair so bet should be bigger at least 75% pot.

I think villain may have called due to the small size which looks odd, but it is a horrible call anyway as he only beats busted flush draws which he blocks (and poss 76 if you would ever play it that way).

Villain should probably have folded turn already given it was a non nut draw though he did pick up a gutshot so it's not terrible

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This game is too much for my head, but if I was at that table like you, I would be raising on the flop. Although I think a larger size is better since they are a little deep. My size would be somewhere between $1600-$1800.
The Kd is a bit dry here, so checking isn't bad with our entire range. (I think this is what I would do).
As played your turn bet seems correct to me. Also sizes above the pot can help put maximum pressure on the opponent's weakest range.
No draw has been completed on the river except for JQ, which is pretty unlikely in ranges.
If we don't know the rival we should know that now his range is made up mostly of bluff catchers. So naturally if we want to represent strong hands, we should choose sizes = o > 75% of the pot. Even so and everything we run the risk that villain calls us with weak hands postflop, who probably think they win failed draws.
Greetings.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing 25/50 - 8max online NLH
This particular hand happens on bomb pot (3BB - $150 for every player)

Flop : 5C 4S 10S (Pot 24BB - $1200)
Villian(UTG) : Open 8BB -$400 (1/3 of the pot) [Villian Remaining Stack: $10,300]

Hero UTG+1 : Raise with AS 5S to 24BB - $1200 [Hero Remaining Stack: $12,000]

All folds and villan called
[Villian Remaining Stack: $9,400

Turn : KD (Pot 180BB - $3600)

Hero UTG+1 : Bet around 2/3 of the pot - $2300 [Hero Remaining Stack: $9700]

Villian(UTG) : Called [Villian Remaining Stack: $7100]

River : 9C (Pot 410BB - $8200)

Hero UTG+1 : Bet half pot - $4100
[Hero Remaining Stack: $5600]

Villian(UTG) : Tank for 10 secs & called

Villian: Won the pot with QS 9S

Questions :

1) ls that more to a fish bet for hero or more towards a fish call from Villian?

2) Should Hero check back more often than betting the river more often?

3) Should Villian call more often on the river than fold more often on the River?

4) What kind of play should the Hero execute on the Flop/turn/river for the best play?

5) What kind of play should the Villian execute on the Flop/turn/river for the best play?
Before any comments, could you please tell us the rake structure? This information will allow me to make my humble opinion about your hand.
Rake structure dictates the size of our overall range scheme: higher the rake more tight both preflop and postflop and lesser the rake more loose.
I have no idea about high stakes games, but I will give my opinion based on what I know about micro-stakes, if you think it could be useful to you.
Thank you for posting your hand!

Best regards;

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Before any comments, could you please tell us the rake structure? This information will allow me to make my humble opinion about your hand.
Rake structure dictates the size of our overall range scheme: higher the rake more tight both preflop and postflop and lesser the rake more loose.
I have no idea about high stakes games, but I will give my opinion based on what I know about micro-stakes, if you think it could be useful to you.

Best regards;
My understanding is this is a bomb pot, so all players put in 3BB and there is no preflop betting round, it just goes straight to the flop. Players therefore can hold any 2 cards.

J

JimmyChoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
SG
Chips

Best regards;
5% rake. Online 8 max bomb pot.

J

JimmyChoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
SG
Chips

Best regards;
Any comments on this hand ?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Any comments on this hand ?
I will make it ASAP. I’m working today but as soon as I finish my job I will kindly provide you my humble opinion.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think 5% rake for this limit is way too high. In order to be profitable we must have a winrate that covers 5/100 BB, and for higher stakes this is very complicated.

1) a bet on which stage of the hand: flop, turn or river?

2) Hero can check more the river if you have any information that your opponent is a recreational. If you consider your opponent a regular you should bet more often missing your draws and using bigger sizings.

3) villain should call more given sizing. Depending on the odds you give villain will tend to cold call in a higher frequency with speculative range.

4) Flop and turn okay. On the river we could bet full pot or overbet to try to get more folds.

5) Villain could’ve raised you on any stage of the board, specially OTT and much less OTR when it completes a flush of spades: in case it completes a flush villain should call most of your bets, but never raise owning a non nutted flush.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One more thing: humbly speaking I have no idea how to play high stakes. My knowledge stops at NLHE 200 online poker, not live poker.
I don’t think that there’s one strategy to beat the micros and another to beat higher stakes. This means, I will use the same knowledge from NLHE 2 to NLHE 200.
But going further than that I’m completely ignorant. So consider my evaluation of your hand as if it was played at lower limits.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands