Got some slack for this one: 67c in .5/1 LHE

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing alot of LHE today; got alot of slack for this one, though I think I was completely justified with every street (save PF; I think that was a questionable call). Looks real bad when you look at the whole thing, but on each street I was getting great odds, no?

Gutshot on the flop; 4 outs (10.75:1), and I'm getting 11.75 on my money. Should I not count them all as clean since I may be beaten by say KQ should I actually hit my straight?

Gutshot loses some outs on the turn since any queen will beat me with a higher straight, but now I have a flush draw too. I'd say I have 14 outs, but not all clean, so I have 12 outs? even if I have only 9 outs (4.11:1), I'm still getting great pot odds (8.25:1).

Opinions?

Attachments

• 67.JPG
    67.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 26
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...waits for Chris' patented "fold preflop" :D

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gutshot on the flop; 4 outs (10.75:1), and I'm getting 11.75 on my money. Should I not count them all as clean since I may be beaten by say KQ should I actually hit my straight?

The simplest way to deal with problems like this is to assume the probability of villain holding KQ is roughly similar to the probability of your backdoor flush hitting (I doubt they're too dissimilar just off the top of my head), and then just treating the problem as a pure pot odds issue.

Oh, and fold preflop, obviously.