folding QQ yet again

D

doodydota

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just planned to leave the table with a net $15 profit but still waited to sit out until the BB reached me in a couple of hands.
Now I got dealt QQ 4th time today and dutyfully put in a preflop raise, although convinced I'm gonna lose this pot as was my QQ-fate all day long.

The hand:

SB - LAG; 45% flops seen
BB - seems a solid player; somewhat LAG about 27% flops seen

poker stars
Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
7 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is UTG with Qh Qs
Hero raises to $0.75, 4 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 4h 6h 7s ($2.25, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: 4h 6h 7s Kh ($4.25, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB raises to $3.25, Hero calls.

River: 4h 6h 7s Kh 5s ($10.75, 2 players)
SB is all-in $9.85, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $9.85 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $10.75

I think I should have pushed a little bit more agressively preflop and c-bet wise. Maybe a $0,50 more would have done the trick.

Now here I am at the river with this mad-man opponent and everything looks scary about this board and my mad man opponent knows that too. All possible flush and straights have been completed and a K doesn't look good either. Facing the all in bet on the river it's a clear fold for me.

However I don't trust my opponent at all. He's made all sorts of foolish moves. My preflop raise annouced a good chance of high pair since I've been playing TAG. Do you think he's bluffed me out of this? Oh my please say good fold and let me have a good night's sleep.
:)

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your bet on the flop was too small, and you should have folded when raised on the turn.

zebranky

zebranky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold is good

Here's my take-
Under the Gun QQ - needs a bigger preflop raise. You got lucky (in a sense), that only the blinds called. It gave you a good position, but you still left it cheap enough (3 Big Blinds) for anyone with half a hand to call you. considering you were so out of position with a hand thats better than 50-50 to be dead on the flop, raise out big, and say thank you if all you take down is the blinds.

When the flop comes out with no overcards, take it down immediately. With 3 cards to the straight and 2 to the flush, this isn't the hand you want to slow play. If I read what you said correctly, the pot is $2.25 - I would bet at least that much or even double it, to make it real expensive for any drawing hand or someone holding AK to call you. your bet of $1 is less than 1/2 the pot, giving any caller better than 3 to 1 odds on his money - which is where any drawing can call.

Lastly, as Bombjack said - I'm pretty sure you were dead on the turn card raise - good that you did fold eventually, but I don't think calling the raise was a good idea. QQ is a hand you have to be very aggressive or very lucky to win - and Luck didn't seem to like you that day.

Z

Folding in Poker