Ducks hit set on Turn - Raise into me - Action?

R

red_dawn_28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter
CO: $212.40
BTN: $144.45
Hero (SB): $109.90
BB: $484
UTG: $197
MP: $301.65
Pre-Flop: 2c 2d dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, MP raises to $6, CO folds, BTN calls $6, Hero calls $5, BB folds
Flop: ($20) Kc Qs 6s (3 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks, BTN checks
Turn: ($20) 2s (3 Players)
Hero bets $18, MP calls $18, BTN raises to $36
Hero: ???

BTN is 89/7/0.2 (not a typo). MP is 35/13/1. I'm 30/20/2 not doing anything out of line. I call with ducks because the raiser doesn’t raise too much and I’m in terrible position. Flop is standard check around. I basically pot it when my set hits because of the drawy board. Do I put BTN on a made flush when he raises because he’s so passive and is liable to play any suited crap (89% VPIP)? Can anyone lay this down or is the right play to just call and see if the board pairs? But if we do that he may not put any more $$ in so there are only implied odds on the turn?

Thank you
Red Dawn

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You started the hand with just over 50bbs. You hit your set. Put the rest of your stack in now.

V

viking999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so bad with PT stats. Is he aggressive or just loose? I can't imagine an aggressive player not betting the flush draw in position on the flop. I would never lay this down, and I'd probably raise it. I don't want an overcaller unless I'm SURE I'm up against a flush, hence raising it. Being short-stacked, the ratio of benefit from pricing out draws vs. harm from raising into a better hand is higher than with a big stack. In other words, you have enough left to price out a draw (and hit that sweet spot where they call with the worst possible odds) but not so much that you're committing yourself for a big number.

D

danman7373

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like laying down the ducks here. Even if the raiser doesn't have you beat at this point, there is another person to act after you that could be slow playing a made flush as well. The other possibility is that one of these guys flopped a set. I'd say best case scenario you are up against a made flush and are looking to boat on the river, but worst case scenario is you are over-setted and basically dead to the river. In this best case scenario, if you are up for gambling, push, hope you get MP to call as well, and then you'd be getting good odds to draw out on the river.