R

red_dawn_28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is 14/7/1.5 over 41 hands
and I am about 28/17/2 or so.

I overcalled from BB because we were all relatively full-stacked, there were 2 in the pot, I closed the action and 64s is obviously a hand you can do a lot of damage with.

Does anyone get away from this?

Thanks,
Red Dawn

poker stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter
UTG: $119.55
CO: $100
BTN: $98.50
SB: $59.60
Hero (BB): $99.20
Pre-Flop: 6s 4s dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, CO raises to $4, BTN folds, SB calls $3.50, Hero calls $3
Flop: ($12) 4c 6d Qd (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $7, SB folds, Hero raises to $20.50, CO raises to $96 and is All-In

Hero ???

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope no way to get away from that. It's extremely unlikely he has 44 or 66 since there's only two 4s and two 6s left in the deck. I doubt he would raise with q 2, q 6 is possible but also unlikely. He would play QQ just like this so this is the hand you should be worried about. But he could very easily have AQ KQ KK AA or QJ.

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bentheman is correct. QQ is the only hand you're afraid of, but there are a bunch of other hands he could have that you beat. When you call a pre-flop raise with 64s, this is the kind of flop you're looking for, so you can't be afraid to get your money in.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure there are a few out there who could muck 2p here, but I don't think I'm one of them.

Ben summed it up just about right, but omitted a flush draw. This looks suspiciously like villain has air, and in position is willing to flat steal this hand. Your C/R pissed him off, and he decided he'd show you! After all, if he's on the draw he's got outs!

Of course thats mainly guesswork, but if he had something significant don't you think he would do what he could to get anything at all from either of you?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy call imo, I wouldn't be surprised to see AA here and either the board pairs to give him a win or he posts the hand in a bad beat forum and about how an idiot called with 46 sooted (not calling you an idiot, just saying others don't understand implied odds and make comments like that).

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop is kinda hmm, fine to stack off as played though

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea easy call, you see AKd/AA/KK/JJ and other random over-pairs more than you see QQ. 66/44 is less likely ovb.

+ Its shorthanded, making the call even easier.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The reason you called was so that you could get a bunch of money in if you flopped something like two pair.

He could have A/Q with no diamonds, or K/K.

R

red_dawn_28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the responses. He had the one hand i was afraid of: QQ.

stack off and close out - no tilt for me

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands