Turn:
5♦
MP is all-in.
Hero calls [$47.80 USD]
Potsize: $86.3
River:
2♦

The Analysis:

I did not have any stats on the villain but i played with him for a while and i knew he was ready to make a move against me because i was constantly raising his limps, (with genuine hands). I did not re-raise pre flop just in case he had a pocket pair, and becasue of our "battles" my fold equity against him was minimal. My actions seem drastic but i just "knew" he was tilted vs. me. i felt that at BEST he had an under pair so i have a lot of outs, plus he could have absolute trash as he did. I made the right read but was it the right play? Thanks

The Results:

MP shows a flush, Ace high:
9♠ A♦
Hero shows a flush, King high:
A♥ K♦
MP wins $132.10 USD from the main pot with a flush, Ace high.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Results are irrelevant. What matters is what range of hands can you put him on when he shoves the turn ? If your equity against that range is good enough to pay for pot odds, then the call is good. Otherwise it's spew.

You pay 47.80 for a 132.1 pot, so you need to win 36% of the time.

Let's assume villain plays very legitimate hands, so he only shoves made flushes and hands with a J. Well, that's actually 16% of all possible hands. And against that not so tight range your equity is only 18%, a disaster.

But your read says he will play wild against you, so lets assume he shoves any pocket pair, any J, any Q, any made flush, and semi-bluffs the flush draws with Ad, then your equity against that range is 32%. Still a bad call.

You really need to include bluffs with total air in villain's range for this call to be profitable. That's usually a sign you should have folded.