AA Sandwich

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to improve my AA play. Trying not to be too cautious, but not too careless, either. I had a situation I was wondering about.

I'm less than 10 hands at this table, but it seems typically loose for these stakes, including my 2 opponents. I am keenly aware that my AA loses a little value with 2 PF callers AND that I am sandwiched between these 2 guys post-flop. The flop is not completely harmless, either.

Yes I hit a set, but that's not the point. I am concerned with getting the most $$ out of them while making the correct play.

What's my next move? Do I check & slowplay, min-bet to induce callers or raisers, small-raise to get overcalls, large-raise to bleed them more & create bad odds, or all-in for safety & take the pot now?

FullTiltPoker Game #801556937: Table Ducharme - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:47:09 ET - 2006/07/15
Seat 1: Danny84 ($10.35)
Seat 3: MrSticker ($7.70)
Seat 4: Fred438 ($9.40)
Seat 5: FromEarthMan ($17.15)
Seat 6: Born2playpoker ($10)
Seat 7: fmdt2000 ($26)
Seat 8: MstAA mAArtini ($19.60)
Seat 9: rcjr1 ($12.50)

FromEarthMan posts the small blind of $0.10
Born2playpoker posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #4

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to MrSticker [Ad Ac]
fmdt2000 folds
MstAA mAArtini folds
rcjr1 calls $0.25
Danny84 folds
MrSticker raises to $1.25
Fred438 calls $1.25
FromEarthMan folds
Born2playpoker folds
rcjr1 calls $1

*** FLOP *** [Ah Qh 7s]
rcjr1 checks
MrSticker ...

Fred438 ...
rcjr1 ...

RiverNoHelp

RiverNoHelp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a great flop for you but I believe checking is the worst thing you can do.. You raised before the flop and with the board being coordinated as in 4 to a straight AND four to a flush you have to bet.. I would put in a big raise to cut down the odds on the draws.. I often have had this same problem when I connect with a monster yet don't know what to do.. If you are at a loose table you are probably going to get some callers here anyhow but you will at least build a pot and if the board pairs you can take down a big pot.. You have to put in a big bet here, if they fold so be it you've won the hand.. If they don't fold then they are making a mistake and in the long run you'll take the majority of these down when they don't hit their flush or straight.. Of course the best case scenario is that one of the callers has pocket queens..Then if you were me they would hit quads on the turn and crack your aces.. Just the way it goes when I have Aces!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah, in my opinion, I think RNH is right. Slow-playing a flop with a flush draw for me always ends up disastrous. If I were to try to slow play, guaranteed a heart would come up, or the straight draw (K, J, 10). This being a cash game as well, I think I've read the rule is to bet big with big hands.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
errr ok, sitting at a 25nl table with $7.70 is not a good idea in the first place.

With your stack size in relation to the two other donks, i'd attempt to take down the pot now. I have to say push all-in here. If one of them has a flopped 4 flush and calls, he is making a mistake, and even if he hits you have re-draws to the FH.

Giving a free card here is a mistake. A pot sized bet commits you anyway and is a mistake. A smaller bet here give pot odds to flush draws. Push all-in. If you had a bigger stack the advise would be different.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should AT LEAST bet the pot here. With two hearts on the board, you could get sucked out by anyone chasing the flush. Checking would be the worst move here (aside from folding).

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tenbob said:
errr ok, sitting at a 25nl table with $7.70 is not a good idea in the first place.

You are right, TB. I know I should sit with more, but lately I don't seem to have the confidence to sit down with more than $10. Maybe it is because I play pretty tightly and I believe I am susceptible to people taking all-in-bluff shots at me. Calling their bluff with $7 instead of $17 is more comfortable to me. If I call wrong, I only lost $7. I'm pretty sure that's the wrong attitude, though. Any suggestions?

Anyway, since nobody else seems to give a rip and the Omaha 8 hand is getting all the responses, here's the bloody result. I bet 2/3 the pot and got no callers. Thanks to all for your time.

*** FLOP *** [Ah Qh 7s]
rcjr1 checks
MrSticker bets $2.50
Fred438 has 15 seconds left to act
Fred438 folds
rcjr1 folds
Uncalled bet of $2.50 returned to MrSticker
MrSticker mucks
MrSticker wins the pot ($3.90)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $4.10 | Rake $0.20
Board: [Ah Qh 7s]
Seat 1: Danny84 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: MrSticker collected ($3.90), mucked
Seat 4: Fred438 (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: FromEarthMan (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: Born2playpoker (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: fmdt2000 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: MstAA mAArtini didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: rcjr1 folded on the Flop

RiverNoHelp

RiverNoHelp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MrSticker said:
Anyway, since nobody else seems to give a rip and the Omaha 8 hand is getting all the responses, here's the bloody result. I bet 2/3 the pot and got no callers. Thanks to all for your time.

The Omaha hand is an interesting dilemma where as, and i don't mean to be harsh in any way, this is pretty cut and dry.. You had to bet big here, that was the consensus.. Great job on taking the pot down!

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2/3 Pot isn't huge, but you've got the nut set and you might have gotten more action with a smaller bet. Maybe not. Still, with both a possible flush and a str8 draw on board you can't get to greedy. I like the bet. If I had been in first position, the way the preflop betting went, I would have been surprised if that flop didn't hit at least one of my In Position opponents and I would have checked. In this case it appears I would have been wrong.