AA in the BB, do you like this??

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tbh, I was not expecting MP to call the raise, he had limped and folded to raises quite frequently. Do you like/dislike this play??? Why??

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)
Button ($21.40)
SB ($9.85)
Hero ($10.20)
UTG ($10.35)
MP ($8.60)
CO ($6.90)
Preflop: Hero is BB with
ac.gif
ah.gif
1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 1 fold, Button raises to $0.5, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.40, MP calls $0.40.
Flop: ($1.55)
qc.gif
jc.gif
5d.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets $0.8, MP folds, Button raises to $2.5, Hero raises to $9.7, Button calls $7.20.
Turn: ($20.95)
8c.gif
(2 players)
River: ($20.95)
js.gif
(2 players)
Final Pot: $20.95

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd prefer to RR PF and take command of the hand. I dont like playing OOP and then to come out swinging on a QcJc5d board looks suspicious. I think the OR might've put you on a some sort of draw. Being short handed, range of button's hand could include AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ, QQ, JJ, 55, QJ, pairs 88-1010, K10 is also possible, K/x clubs.

A lof hands you beat, but there are also a lot of hands he could've hit or flopped a lot of draws with board.

Hopefully, your opponent was holding AQ or KK

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
egh, I don't like slowplaying PF (you could very easily be beat now w/JJ/QJ/QQ/55/combo draw has you flipping).

As played PF, the flop push is fine (lots of draws/AQ/KQ/etc will call you), but we could get ourselves in a lot of trouble just smooth calling PF.

D

Dragnet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Difficult one this for me. By not reraising pre-flop you disguised your hand but you have less of an idea how strong the button hand is and there was still the limper to act after you. Personally I would reraise preflop

The flop reraise seems Ok with me. With no info on button he could easily have had KK/AQ/KQ

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being in the gap, a RR PF is a must to isolate the button.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RR preflop. you're at 10NL and out of position. there is no point in this tricky stuff at 10NL, because people here generally don't fold once they put an entire fifty cents in the pot on the button. you'll also be giving the limper who also has position on you too good of odds to call. absolutely reraise. save these "tricky' plays (and only sparingly) for higher limits

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, what about reads on the button? Was there a reason that you wanted him in the hand (ie no 3 bet?)

Since you didn't reraise and then bet into him on the flop, he doesn't expect an overpair and could be trying to protect AQ thinking you have KQ. But raising from the button, he could be ahead with QJ. Like everyone else said, 3 bet preflop, as played, we're ahead of a lot of hands but maybe marginally so.

btw, you and I seem to be doing the same thing in opposite direction. I'm not playing my Stars account much lately because I deposited at FT, and I'm forcing myself to play $10NL until I get the bankroll there up. But I find the play at $10NL at FT worse than Stars because Stars has .01/.02 and .02/.05 tables for the raw beginners.

pedroman7

pedroman7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody folds at 10nl after they raise. So why not reraise and a)get rid of the limper B)get more money in the pot in case the button misses the flop.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Button was a solid player and I had been playing pretty loose. I have a feeling he would be folding hands like AQ, AJ, KQ, etc.

Button flipped over AQ and I won the pot. Thx for the info, this was actually the first time ever I had slowplayed AA in a ring game (over about 8k hands or so)

I

ICMoney

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t like pf or flop.

I 3b to $1.75 pf.

As played – your small flop bet looks like J9, 88 or a draw. I wouldn’t mind getting it in on the flop.