$50 NLHE 6-max: Squeeze sizing

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK/QQ should be 4b'ing a decent amount of the time but its not implausable they would call with these, and also no not bigger the better, the more people the bigger is the saying you should be going by :)
^^^highlighted^^^, gotcha man. good advice.thnks.:D

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one more thing about that quote. when u say the more people the bigger, i do understand what you mean,but arent we by squeezing also trying to isolate 1 or two of the 4 limpers at the very worst. thats why i thought we squeeze big. if we squeeze with a marginal hand and dont get enough folds isnt it harder to win the pot postflop?

i kind of thought ,the worst the hand the bigger the squeeze? is that not right thinking?

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No your sizing should always be balanced so people otherwise people can identify your range easily, the reason we make it bigger when theres more people is because they will have worse odds to call and any call they make pre with a marginal hand is a way of setting their own money on fire, if we make it $6 in the example above and the PFR calls, all the other players are getting lol pot odds and cant even think about folding

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No your sizing should always be balanced so people otherwise people can identify your range easily, the reason we make it bigger when theres more people is because they will have worse odds to call and any call they make pre with a marginal hand is a way of setting their own money on fire, if we make it $6 in the example above and the PFR calls, all the other players are getting lol pot odds and cant even think about folding
right right. ok man. thanks alot.will keep it in mind. never thought about it like that.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I squeeze to like 8-10 here, with plans to check-shove any flop that I like (eg. Aces up, FDs, gutters, any low flop that won't hit the range of a squeeze caller).

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
..why check shove? fps all over this thread

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
..why check shove?
Because this squeeze is primarily a bluff (An OOP squeeze over 4 people including an UTG opener with less than AA is automatically a semibluff) + we have blockers + the pot is already obscenely ginormous so in order to preserve momentum we need to continue our squeeze with a shove -- nothing less will get proper fold equity when Villain two-thirds it into the $26 pot.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but you'd never x/r AA on 973ss or any of your strong value hands so why do it with your air?

you'd cbet.. + cbetting and barreling get the same amount of folds if not more than x/j WITH the added fact we get flop folds, turn more equity or pick up scare cards vs his range

btw a squeeze with KK wouldnt be a bluff..

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but you'd never x/r AA on 973ss or any of your strong value hands so why do it with your air?

you'd cbet.. + cbetting and barreling get the same amount of folds if not more than x/j WITH the added fact we get flop folds, turn more equity or pick up scare cards vs his range
Fair point, I'll have to think about it.

btw a squeeze with KK wouldnt be a bluff..
With positional disadvantage? Versus four people, all of whom are showing up with tight ranges? Sure it is. An Ace comes down on the flop versus this kind of range and you're basically DOA, because if anyone with those stats called that squeeze with less than AJs/QQ+ I'll eat my fedora. An OOP squeeze vs an UTG open is the most insanely tight and polarizing preflop situation you can imagine.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ this is the point you want to argue against?

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it's kind of a sore spot for me because I recently lost the last of my roll when I failed to realize that no hand but the nuts is any good vs an OOP 3bet to UTG open. :D

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it's kind of a sore spot for me because I recently lost the last of my roll when I failed to realize that no hand but the nuts is any good vs an OOP 3bet to UTG open. :D
in theory yes,but in practice, not really, you can never be sure about this. this would depend on villains stats.

J

js520

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol how can KK be a bluff when the only better hand u can get to fold is AA ( the definition of a bluff is trying to fold out better hands?. Actually folding out AA may be possible given that other thread a little while ago

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why squeeze AJs here pre-flop when there are better value hands that we can squeeze such as AQ, AK and also worse hands that we can squeeze for bluffing as we only need to get the initial raiser to fold, hands such as A10, JQo, K10. AJs is a fine hand to just call and see a flop, it's pretty obvious that one of these guys et least is set mining so we won't be looking to get into a big pot with this hand anyway unless we hit a flush.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just gave the two of the many reasons why we should be squeezing

1) we want to fold out sets so they dont hit their sets and up stacking us with 33 on AJ3 or Ax3ss

2) how infrequently are we going to hit a flush and how little value are we gonna get OOP when we donk or x/r on a 3 flush board 5 ways... ie the nuts,

Squeezing would be used as a bluff vs UTG and for value vs the other players

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just gave the two of the many reasons why we should be squeezing

1) we want to fold out sets so they dont hit their sets and up stacking us with 33 on AJ3 or Ax3ss

2) how infrequently are we going to hit a flush and how little value are we gonna get OOP when we donk or x/r on a 3 flush board 5 ways... ie the nuts,

Squeezing would be used as a bluff vs UTG and for value vs the other players

Good point, I agree with you now that I think a raise if better, however if we raise all our hands here isn't that exploitable, I think we should be sometimes calling with good hands here, like 20% of the time.