$.50/1 FLHEFull Ring: cold call AK pre?

thunder1276

thunder1276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you guys feel about cold calling AK pre in this situation? This was a fairly tight table and the UTG raiser would not have raised without a good hand. I knew if i raised they were all going to call so I decided to take a cheap flop instead of risking paying capped bets to see it.

full tilt poker $0.50/$1 Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 968547
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is MP2 with A K
UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls, Hero calls, 2 folds, SB calls, 1 fold

Flop: (11 SB) Q A 5 (5 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, SB folds, UTG 3-bets, UTG+1 caps!, MP1 calls, Hero folds, UTG calls

Turn: (12.5 BB) K (3 players)
UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, MP1 raises, UTG calls

River: (16.5 BB) 8 (2 players)
UTG checks, MP1 bets, UTG calls

Final Pot: 18.5 BB
UTG mucks A Q
MP1 shows 5 5 (three of a kind, Fives)
MP1 wins 18 BB
(Rake: $0.50)

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't play FLHE, but I really think raising preflop would be better. That's how you profit from UTG+1 and MP1 by forcing them to put more money in preflop with lesser hands. When you let them see a flop for a single bet, they are getting great odds to draw to their set or whatever they are drawing to.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually don't play FLHE, but I really think raising preflop would be better. That's how you profit from UTG+1 and MP1 by forcing them to put more money in preflop with lesser hands. When you let them see a flop for a single bet, they are getting great odds to draw to their set or whatever they are drawing to.

+1, also prices in the sb.