$.50/1 FL2-7 Triple Draw Full Ring: Funny spot against fish + non-retard, pat T with bad 7 draw on 3rd draw

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$.50/1 FL2-7 Triple Draw Full Ring: Funny spot against fish + non-retard, pat T with bad 7 draw on 3rd draw

The button is competent, and has at least read a strategy guide somewhere.

The same cannot be said for UTG+1, who is absolutely terrible.

So I find a pat ten after the 2nd draw. Do I break the ten and draw to a seven as crappy as my draw is? Stand on the ten and turn my hand face up on the river? And wtf do I do with this silly betting round?

And while we're on the subject, should I even break the nine to begin with? Even play the hand?

Hint: I butchered a few decisions in this hand, but surprisingly played some spots well.

feral_cow_icon.gif
Milked from the teat of a feral cow
Full Tilt Limit Triple Draw $0.50/$1 - 6 players

Button: $28.95
SB: $45.05
BB: $20.00
UTG: $15.05
UTG+1: $10.55
CO: $33.50 (Hero)

Dealing Hands: ($0.75)
4h.gif
7c.gif
3d.gif
9c.gif
5d.gif
(6 players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $1, Hero raises to $1.50, Button calls $1.50, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50

First Draw: ($5.25) (3 players)
UTG+1 discards 2, Hero discards 1, Button discards 2,
4h.gif
7c.gif
3d.gif
5d.gif
||
3h.gif

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.50, Button raises to $1, UTG+1 calls $1, Hero calls $0.50

Second Draw: ($8.25) (3 players)
UTG+1 discards 2, Hero discards 1, Button discards 1,
4h.gif
7c.gif
5d.gif
3h.gif
||
Tc.gif

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button bets $1, UTG+1 calls $1, Hero???

Last edited:
GrimlyGrim

GrimlyGrim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are we playing a hand that can make a straight? You should of just stuck with the 9 low.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are we playing a hand that can make a straight? You should of just stuck with the 9 low.
Because it has at least 6 outs three times to make an 8 or better. 9 outs thrice to get my 9 back. 35% chance of making an 8 or better, 49% chance of making my nine back, and sometimes I can keep a T or J.

Keeping the nine puts me in a pretty reverse implied odds spot. Against one hand I'm a slight favorite on the first draw if I stay pat (58%), but keeping the nine is typically a money losing play because it plays so horribly on later streets. Its just a bluff catcher, and I can almost never raise for value. Its similar to playing a pair of split kings in stud 8 against a low hand. You're a small favorite at the start of the hand, but you're in a HUGE reverse implied odds spot that you end up losing in the long run.

Maybe if I was in position, heads up I'd keep the nine. But not in this spot.

I honestly think this is a draw or fold pre spot. Super System 2 advocates playing 4 card straight draws to a seven like 2346. However, I've got almost the roughest 1 card draw to a seven you could have, and no deuce. If I knew the button would come along, I'd almost certainly be folding pre. But the idea was getting heads up against the terrible player, and even if I have a goofy hand with a bad draw, his horribleness will make up for that a lot.