$5 NLHE6-max: AQ Suited 3-betting from the BB against a TAG

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow, yeah. In FR people are folding QQ in position to a 3-bet.

T

TorreyB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great dicussion with this hand, and tons of useful information I can use in the future. The villian's CO range was much looser than any other position he played from. After he flatted my 3bet, I was thinking he's holding a pocket pair or AK. With the flop texture giving me so many options it didn't make sense to not put the money in, even if the guy potentially had a set on the flop. After I played that hand I ran through it with HEM and saw the same thing WVHillbilly mentioned about the 47% equity and really started to wonder about the way I chose to play it. He ended up having AK.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great dicussion with this hand, and tons of useful information I can use in the future. The villian's CO range was much looser than any other position he played from. After he flatted my 3bet, I was thinking he's holding a pocket pair or AK. With the flop texture giving me so many options it didn't make sense to not put the money in, even if the guy potentially had a set on the flop. After I played that hand I ran through it with HEM and saw the same thing WVHillbilly mentioned about the 47% equity and really started to wonder about the way I chose to play it. He ended up having AK.

My issue wasn't with your postflop play at all. Hard to construct a realistic range that you're not going to be +EV against with the $$s already in the pot. And I don't really disagree with the 3bet preflop if people will be calling with worse either, so I guess well played.

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could sit here explaining why, but hillbillys play pre flop is by far the superior play.

3-4 level thinking, you must be a winner in this game.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars