$5 NLHE 6-max: Can we shove here profitably or never?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy in this hand wasn't to reckless, played a lot of hands though but didn't shove/call off to many without the "nuts" so to speak.

Here I've raised up the standard 3x and flop a flush draw.

I end up flatting quite a loose aggro player in the hope he had a weak flush draw or Ace high sort of hands. When a guy raises almost all his stack here the first guy folds, but I wonder if I'm ever good here to be just shoving?

It's a difficult one for me because for one, his rater large raise means he has something, I couldn't help thinking obviously he has a king here but because he wasn't deep enough, I wasn't sure the best course of action in this hand?

I ended up folding the hand, but wonder if he was deeper,

ie: 100 blinds deep can we shove this profitably or is this -EV? Has he enough times got a King here to make this -EV shove? Is he ever folding any King here if shoved on and 100 blinds deep to an intial PF raiser? I doubt it right? We can get rid of any weak flush draws/any under pairs maybe?

Sure I could shove his 50 blinds here, but not sure if this is even profitable?

I obviously had someones calling range PF like K,10os+

The only hand I can put him on here with the way he shoved is either, a really weak King/under pair or bad flush draw...

Any input on the hand please.

ps: Can we also shove if the other guy "flats" instead of folding?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, €0.05 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 (€5.49)
CO (€5.05)
Button (€2.14)
SB (€4.26)
BB (€3.14)
UTG (€5.07)
UTG+1 (€5.88)
Hero (MP1) (€5.98)
MP2 (€5)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q
diamond.gif
, A
diamond.gif

2 folds, Hero bets €0.15, 1 fold, MP3 calls €0.15, 1 fold, Button calls €0.15, SB calls €0.13, 1 fold

Flop: (€0.65) K
club.gif
, 3
diamond.gif
, K
diamond.gif
(4 players)
SB bets €0.15, Hero calls €0.15, 1 fold, Button raises to €1, 1 fold, Hero folds

Total pot: €1.10 | Rake: €0.05

G

Gunner57

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call. You are getting a direct 2 to 1 odds.

If he has 2 pair under a Q it is 50/50
If he has 2 pair over a Q it is about 65/35
If he has trips it is about 70/30
He also could be drawing to the flush too!

I call the flop, and if I pair up or make my flush on the turn I look to get his entire stack in there by the river.