Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
888 Poker - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 22.22, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, hands: 10)
CO: 114.6 BB (VPIP: 18.18, PFR: 9.26, 3Bet Preflop: 4.55, Hands: 57)
Hero (BTN): 128.8 BB
SB: 161.8 BB (VPIP: 31.06, PFR: 17.42, 3Bet Preflop: 7.55, Hands: 132)
BB: 134.2 BB (VPIP: 35.44, PFR: 22.78, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 84)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T T

fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.4 BB, 2 players) 7 9 9
CO bets 3.6 BB, Hero calls 3.6 BB

Turn: (14.6 BB, 2 players) 6
CO checks, Hero bets 9.6 BB, CO raises to 19.2 BB, Hero calls 9.6 BB

River: (53 BB, 2 players) K
CO bets 26.4 BB, fold

CO wins 50.4 BB

How would you played such hand ?
Somehow it seemed to me, that villain did't connect with board and is bluffing...

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, we need to 3-bet TT preflop. Honestly TT is pretty much always a 3-bet for me versus an opener that has folded to me. We can't play TT passively!! It is one of those hands we like to win preflop with, Because it is so hard to know where you are at post.

Flop, honestly i go ahead and raise, I am sure people will quote this response and call me crazy but i hate flat-calling on this flop. As for v, he certainly does have some random 9s in his range, such as J9, A9, K0 even stuff like 98, 95s that he was trying to steal with.

Turn, i agree with a bet. A, to get value from worse hands like maybe AK, underpairs, etc. and B, it could look like a float play and would induce a river bluff. When he check-raises i think he still has enough draws to continue.

Honestly i can't see v doing this turn raise with a 9, a more standard aproach would be to value lead even with boats just because a Bttn flatting range is sooo wide that you can have a lot of stuff that either completely wiffed or hit this board pretty good, ie. 8s5s. If he wants to get tricky i think he could c/call with something like As9s, but he still risks a check-back in a super heavy value spot.

as played river is a call. we only lose to a random king and random nines if we don't think he has this line with a boat, if he can have a boat widden the parameters here to 3 combos of 66, 3 of 77.

He can have sooo many bricked draws like As8s, Js 8s, JTs, etc. Also, our value-bet disguised as a float could have induced him to try to barrel at at and try to price u out, especially on a scary card like an A or K

We are gettting good odds as well, around 3-1 so i think we have more than enough equity to call.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CO: VPIP: 18.18, PFR: 9.26 looks more tight passive then tight aggressive, but only 57 hands.
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Preflop I am ok with either cold calling or 3 betting.
On the flop a call is fine, I prefer the more aggressive line of raising his bet as it would deny over cards equity.
Turn bet is fine as he checks. He elects to min-raise your bet. Calling is fine here.
The river is a K which is a bad card for you and a good bluffing card for him.
As I put him as a tight-passive player I tend to fold the river as played.

So I might have played the hand similar but on the flop I prefer a more aggressive line.

B

Biibel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TT is not automaticly 3bet hand, but you were in position so its good move there. I think you played hand post flop right, cant blame your action.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raises on paired boards are always a bit weird, and here its even more weird, because he check-raise with the initiative, and he essentially just click it back. If I had to guess, I would put him on a boat being scared of losing his customer, but also wanting to massage the pot a little bit bigger and allow you to stab at it with your floats.

Its a really weird bluffing line, and he is tight and passive preflop, which often carry over to postflop. So overall I agree with the fold. It was of course also not a good river card for you, because even if he was bluffing, some of his bluffs now got there. Like AsKs, KsQs, KsJs etc.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm 3betting preflop, but otherwise like your play. Whenever I encounter plays like this turn here, it's almost always the nuts. What type of hand is going to click-back check-raise after raise pre and cbet post flop on THAT board? This guy probably has 77 or 66 here, I would even be mildly concerned about quads here. I personally would still call even coming to that conclusion on the turn, because I could be wrong and get checked to...and I know I can stack him if I'm right and a 9 or T hit the river.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you feel that the CO is bluffing, then you need to go with your gut and call the shove on the river. It seemed to me that he is trying to get you off your hand with ace high.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
888 Poker - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 22.22, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 10)
CO: 114.6 BB (VPIP: 18.18, PFR: 9.26, 3Bet Preflop: 4.55, Hands: 57)
Hero (BTN): 128.8 BB
SB: 161.8 BB (VPIP: 31.06, PFR: 17.42, 3Bet Preflop: 7.55, Hands: 132)
BB: 134.2 BB (VPIP: 35.44, PFR: 22.78, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 84)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T[emoji812] T[emoji813]

fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.4 BB, 2 players) 7[emoji812] 9[emoji813] 9[emoji815]
CO bets 3.6 BB, Hero calls 3.6 BB

Turn: (14.6 BB, 2 players) 6[emoji812]
CO checks, Hero bets 9.6 BB, CO raises to 19.2 BB, Hero calls 9.6 BB

River: (53 BB, 2 players) K[emoji815]
CO bets 26.4 BB, fold

CO wins 50.4 BB

How would you played such hand ?
Somehow it seemed to me, that villain did't connect with board and is bluffing...
With Vil playing this tight, I would actually resort to thier Fold to 3Bet stat. Unfortunately you don't have it listed, so I cant tell you for sure what I would do.... typically against this style player I'm 3Betting them in Hopes to get a fold pre.... if I get 4bet I can get away cause chances are they have be dominated with a larger pair, or drawing to 2 better pair....

If that's the case if we were to call a 4bet, and the board comes 639 chances are we are playing for stacks....

If the board comes 48A, we have to float a Cbet, with the majority of thier range beating us....

If we 3Bet fold pre to a 4Bet we just play this hand so much easier with a chance to win....

As played you really just spewed off chips in Hopes for a 2 outer.... the bet on the turn was never gonna get them to fold on that board and thier range....