€5 NLHE 6-max: KTs - right decision on flop?

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,
My first post on this forum, so any advice is much appriciated.

pokerstars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players

BTN: 99.2 BB (VPIP: 32.47, PFR: 22.08, 3Bet Preflop: 3.23, hands: 79)
Hero (SB): 248.6 BB
BB: 145.8 BB (VPIP: 49.46, PFR: 16.13, 3Bet Preflop: 5.77, Hands: 93)
CO: 283 BB (VPIP: 23.59, PFR: 7.73, 3Bet Preflop: 3.23, Hands: 197)

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Ts Ks
CO calls 1 BB, BTN calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4 BB, BB calls 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB

Flop : (16 BB, 4 players) 7s 5c 9s
Hero checks, BB bets 1 BB, CO raises to 10 BB, BTN raises to 28 BB, Hero calls 28 BB, BB calls 27 BB, CO raises to 279 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 67.2 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 216.6 BB and is all-in, BB calls 113.8 BB and is all-in

Turn : (742.2 BB, 4 players) 2c

River : (742.2 BB, 4 players) Td

Hero shows Ts Ks (One Pair, Tens)

Main Pot [396.8 BB]: (Pre 39%, Flop 31%, Turn 18%)
Side Pot#1 [139.8 BB]: (Pre 43%, Flop 31%, Turn 18%)
Side Pot#2 [205.6 BB]: (Pre 53%, Flop 31%, Turn 18%)

CO shows 5d 5h (Three of a Kind, Fives)

Main Pot [396.8 BB]: (Pre 24%, Flop 44%, Turn 68%)
Side Pot#1 [139.8 BB]: (Pre 31%, Flop 58%, Turn 75%)
Side Pot#2 [205.6 BB]: (Pre 47%, Flop 69%, Turn 83%)

BB shows 9h 8h (One Pair, Nines)

Main Pot [396.8 BB]: (Pre 23%, Flop 11%, Turn 8%)
Side Pot#1 [139.8 BB]: (Pre 26%, Flop 11%, Turn 8%)

BTN shows 7h 9c (Two Pair, Nines and Sevens)

Main Pot [396.8 BB]: (Pre 14%, Flop 13%, Turn 8%)

CO wins 732.2 BB

I know my ISO-raise on the flop was too small, which was my first mistake with this hand.
Secondly, im pretty sure i should have folded on the flop but wanted to ask what you guys might think.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good flop for your hand, and you have potentially 15 outs to the best hand (9 flush and 6 overs). With that action, though, it's clear that not all those outs are clean. It's a tough outcome, but I think finding a fold on the flop is the best course.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good flop for you with two overs. You beat a lot of 9x hands like A9 or K9 or 98 on the flop, just unfortunate your opponent flopped a monster, and they are an extremely active player at the table. Only way you can get away is folding pre since you're out of position with a not so great K.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok... some of this you got already.

Pre- I raise 3.5x + 1 for each limper. Here raise to at least 5 bb if you are going to raise at all. TBH I wouldn't play this here... these guys aren't folding to your raise often enough, and when they call you will be OOP with a mediocre hand.

Flop- Good check here. Betting will get little folds, and this flop hit the limpers range pretty hard.

BB bets 1, which means different things with different players. It could mean a draw, or a very good hand. In any every, CO makes it a real bet. If it were just you 3, it would be a marginal call, because we wouldn't know how BB will respond... maybe he will reraise.

But with BTN reraising, we know we are behind... potentially with very few outs. Get the freak out of there. There will be wayyyyy better spots, one dude called a 4 way all-in with just a pair! Be patient, play in position!

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise more pre-flop, and this is a fold on the flop. You don't even have the nut draw, you have tons of action with people still left to act.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet on flop you have very good equity two over cards plus flush draw. As you should look is it enough odds to call and to beat at least two pairs+ (maybe PP overpairs like TT+) on flop.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I think this is an easy fold on the flop, because the equity of this hand is too weak. You have a multipot, where opponents can already collect three or have a ready-made pocket pair. The opponent’s big raise confirms this.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
250bb+ without nuts of huge nuts draw... I can't agree that was good all-in on NL5. It should be fold!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the flop my default would be to C-bet around half the pot. Thin the field and build the pot for, when we hopefully improve later. I think, checking is totally fine as well though given the multiway nature of the pot. Which as you know already, you kind of created by raising to small before the flop.

As many others have said, with this action in front of you, you need to fold. The minimum bet by BB can just be ignored, because its meaningless. So just pretend, he checked, and dont even worry about him. But you still have CO putting out a substantial bet, and BNT coming over the top with two more players still in the pot.

This is extremely strong action, and the issue with calling is, that BTN has reopened the betting for CO. And to make matters worse, you are also very deep against CO, and somewhat deep against BB as well.

It might seem like, the multiway action give you better pot odds, and it does. However you are going to play a large side pot against CO, and multiway there is also a risk, you could be completely dead. That will happen, if someone has a straight or a set, and someone has the nut flushdraw. In that case you are down to hoping for a runner-runner straight, and it has to be with offsuit cards.

For that reason having AsTs is completely different from having KsTs in a spot like this. AsTs is a stack-off all day long, especially when at least two of them are this bad and stack off this wide. KsTs on the other hand is a clear fold because of this potential domination problem.