$5 NLHE 6-max: AQs tp+nfd

dunkyhory

dunkyhory

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sample sizes are to small to read anything into.

UTG: $5.00 (100 bb)

MP: $5.00 (100 bb)
Hero (CO): $5.12 (102.4 bb)
BTN: $5.23 (104.6 bb)
SB: $10.55 (211 bb)
BB: $3.75 (75 bb)
SB posts $0.02, BB posts $0.05
Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A:club: Q:club:
2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10
Flop: ($0.45, 3 players) 6:club: 9:club: A:spade:
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, SB raises to $0.50, BB raises to $0.78, Hero?

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind snug fold here.

Problem with calling is that if SB shove and BB fold, you are not going to love it. If SB shove and BB call the shove, you may have just about right odds to call.

If you shove, 8c7c and set will not be folding and BB line is very strong.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With TP 2nd kicker and NFD we dont want to just fold flop, in this spot we need to treat our hand as a strong draw as it is fairly unlikely our hand is good, the thing is if you get it in here you have 9 clean outs at the very least which isn't ever going to be far from 33% equity which 3 ways would be the minimum you would need.

I would call with the plan to call off if there is a jam from both players, if sb shoves and BB folds then yeah it probably does become a fold (dependent on price)

Weird spot for sure, but call and see what happens with the sb, if you go 3 way to a turn that is a pretty good result as we have a hand that can win a huge pot

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would call you want both players in the pot as that way you have the best change to realize your equity.

Now as what the villains can have: sets (7 combos); two pairs (A9, A6 12 combos BB could even have 69s); flush draws (xx combos); AK (8 combos); SB could have any Ax (xx combos).
As both villains did not 3 bet preflop AA is not a likely holding for them.

If the SB shoves it is likely that the BB will call (his stack is not that deep so whatever he has he gets great odds to call). If that happens would not like it but would make the call with the NUT flush draw.

Last edited:
T

tfonly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just call in this spot hoping for SB to just call as well. Worst case scenario, we call, SB raises again, BB shoves, and we call it off.

T

tfonly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Also this is a super weird spot. what are these click raises? I think SB has lots of Ax type hands because of his sizing. I could be wrong because I never played with this particular villain but I just think sets and 2 pair would raise more given your flop bet size plus the other guy in the hand. SB's hand just feels like AT type hand or some draws.

I would think BB has more 2pairs and sets.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd never fold here. It however doesn't look like you have much fold equity so i'd refrain from jamming here as you could easily be up against a set or bottom 2 type hand

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm probably leaning towards a fold here. You can assume at least one of these players is raising for value, which you are behind.
I have the belief that Your made hand takes priority over your draw.
I don't think calling is a major disaster though.