$400 NLHE 6-max: River top 2 but villain wagering 3 barrels

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call. There are value hands we beat such as KQ,78 perhaps a rare AQ/A7s/A9 from time to time given the drawy nature of this board.
Not to mention all straight draws and diamond draws have bricked and this river is an excellent card to bluff.
Finally the As is out blocking a very large portion of his potential flushes.

I think this is a pretty bad fold.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need 28% equity to call this river.
This range contains 0 bluffs and 100% negation to A7/A8/AQ hands yet it's almost a call.

Board: K78 Q A
Equity Win Tie
MP3 74.19% { KK+, 88-77, KQs, JTs, 87s, KsJs, QsJs, KsTs, QsTs, Ks9s, Qs9s, Js9s, Ts9s, Ts8s, 9s8s, 9s7s, 8s6s, 7s6s, 7s5s, 6s5s, 5s4s, KQo }
CO 25.81%{ AdKh }

If we can pretty much call on his value range alone throwing in the countless combos of busted draws and outright bluffs makes this a snap call.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not convinced hes betting KQ here and definitely not 78 imo.., Don't think he has AQ hardly ever because i dont expect him to just bet a low equity AQo for two barrels often and he cant have any of the ones with draws edit: meh he could barrel AQ sometimes ignore the part about him never having AQ. Also, whilst the As is out and blocks a lot of his flushes he does still have more flushes in his range than us.

I'm not entirely convinced but i'm probably calling getting those odds.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not convinced hes betting KQ here and definitely not 78 imo.

OPs stats so far would be very relevant. He is not yet an established reg at the site in question and has less than 100bbs. Granted in villains shoes I probably check/fold weaker two pairs against a reg, against a <100bbs non-reg I don't think I could.

Also I think me coming up with that value range has detracted from just how many bluffs there can be here. Although granted I think I should have at least thrown some negation in to the KQ/78 hands I think there's no way we can give villain enough credit to check/fold these 100% of the time on the river as he certainly has them in his turn betting range always.

As for A7/AQ I don't think these would be particulary bad bets on the turn. AQ crushes flush draws loses less to KQ betting than it would check/calling and may have very few combos of weaker Kx to worry about depending on OPs current image. (I'd have about 6 here assuming there isn;t a fish in the blinds).
A7 is certainly a better c-bet than a check/call on the flop and on the turn gets the oppurtunity to fold out better made hands yet value town draws. Both are more likely to value bet the river than KQ and 78.

Not saying I'd make the bets myself but don't think they can be 100% ruled out.

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His pure bluff range is also nearly non-existent (9Td/c/h? 56d/c/h?) unless we include near dead-equity hands on the turn like A6c, and/or he turns a ton of made hands into bluffs, in which case a lot of that range includes the lesser 2 pairs which now negates him value betting the better 2 pairs. (You can't turn A8s into a bluff here but value bet AQ. Not logically anyway). We also have the Ad which discounts a ton of his backdoor draws.

I'm not discounting them from betting the turn, but they just aren't in his river range imo.