$4 PL O 6-max: PLO Beginner Hand Question - Drawing to Straights and Flushes

L

lolDonkaments

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all, This is my first post here but I've been lurking for a month or two. I've primarily been a NLHE and razz cash game player, but a couple of days ago I decided to give PLO a try. I'm trying to learn all I can about the game and right now I'm playing at the lowest stakes possible to work on my game.

I'm posting this particular hand because it was one of the biggest pots at the table for the hour I was sitting there and also because I caught a lot of flak from another player (Shakey) after the hand. He called me every name in the book (and every possible variation of the word 'donkey' with cursing intermixed) for calling his raises on the flop and turn.

After the hand, I explained that I had straight and flush draws on the flop and Also that I was almost 100% certain that he hit a set on the flop and that he didn't have the A of diamonds. I admit that I did make some pretty liberal calls. But I already felt pot committed by the turn and I had two pretty nice draws. I also pretty much knew that if I hit on the river I would take it down because I could tell he was betting his set strong to get me out of the pot.

My question is - Did I make bad calls here? considering the pot odds and the chance that the 3rd guy in the pot could have the A... did I play this hand poorly? Feedback would really be appreciated. thanks

I'm 7PapaGeorgio:
poker stars $0.01/$0.02 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

shakey12381 (BB): $6.00
abados (UTG): $0.92
Hero (CO): $2.13
Brhodes26 (BTN): $0.39
lisontion_aa (SB): $1.27

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with 5h Kd Th Jd
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.04, 1 fold, lisontion_aa calls $0.03, shakey12381 calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.12) Qd 7d Tc (3 players)
lisontion_aa checks, shakey12381 checks, Hero bets $0.06, lisontion_aa calls $0.06, shakey12381 raises to $0.36, Hero calls $0.30, lisontion_aa calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.20) 6c (3 players)
lisontion_aa checks, shakey12381 bets $1.14, Hero calls $1.14, lisontion_aa calls $0.87 all in

River: ($4.35) 3d (3 players - 1 is all in)
shakey12381 bets $4.14, Hero calls $0.59 all in

Last edited:
W

WillySmackYoAss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a PLO expert by any means, but I know your hand is good with a pair, 2nd nut flush draw, and the nut straight draw. He is definitely overplaying his hand here since the only river that is safe for him is 2h, 2s, and any pair, 12 cards since your holding a T. You played it fine, I probably would've shipped on the flop. He obviously comes from a NLHE background and feels a set is always a heavy favorite when in reality, it's a coin flip on the flop. Going to the river he can only like 12 cards that keep him good with a set, whether it was top middle or bottom on the flop. Everything else completes a flush or straight.

Full Flush Poker Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands