fold, CO raises to 2.5 BB, Hero calls 2.5 BB, fold, BB calls 1.5 BB
Flop: (8 BB, 3 players) 6 T 7
BB checks, CO bets 5.5 BB, Hero raises to 16 BB, fold, CO calls 10.5 BB
Turn: (40 BB, 2 players) 2
CO checks, Hero bets 25 BB, CO calls 25 BB
River: (90 BB, 2 players) 3
CO checks, Hero bets 56.5 BB, CO calls 56.5 BB
CO shows.........

Just interested in how some other people might have played this hand at the micro stakes.

Only 63 hands on villain with those stats. Not enough hands to rely take a view on any of his other stats. My own stats at the table over about 50 hands were 30/24/4

My thinking was:
- Calling that on the button all day long.
- On the flop 89 is beating me and so is TT. I'm blocking sets of 6s and 7s.
- Overpairs and any connectors/gappers drawing to the straight might call, particularly if they made a pair, eg T9, 78. Does AK, AQ call? AT maybe. Would not rule it out at 4nl but admit it might not be likely as his stats so far were not terrible.
- My plan was raise and then be aggressive again on the turn if it was kind to me
- The 2 on the turn brought in a draw to a flush. Was quite happy to bet again here to get more value vs any draws.
- The river brought in the flush and a low straight. That said, I can't imagine he had opened 45 (possible, yes, but not too likely with his stats). Villain making a flush was possible, but he fails to have a flush much more often than he does have one.
- People make bad calls for three streets here at these stakes, population tendencies are telling me to get it all in with two pair (rather than make some sort of thin value bet and I just feel checking here is burning money) on a board that I don't think is all that scary given how the hand played out, against a villain who I felt would have played back at me if he had made a big hand.

Away from the action, the question I expect is... what worse hands made it this far and call my river shove? I go bust to any flush and the afore mentioned Set of 10s and 89. Very rarely a set of 6s or 7s. I am totally not accepting he would have got past the flop with 22 or 33. I'm relying on hands like AA,KK,QQ being non believers or over-valuing - that is not a ton of combinations. Maybe a busted Tx draw makes a terrible call here too, or AT?

Anyway, I shoved and I don't feel bad about it :p But thoughts welcomed and appreciated as always.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd 3b pre here mosttimes & flat a few times
would raise flop a bit larger personally, other than that nh

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think at microstakes, a lot of over pairs and even AT, KT type of hands might call you down.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreeing with my forsayer here. Size flop a bit bigger so you can just get it in on the turn. If he has you beat so be it bu you're getting value from a lot here at 4nl.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You raised him on the flop, so you are actually not trying to get 3 streets of value here, you are trying to get 4 streets. And given that he is not a fish, that does seem very optimistic to me. I am fine raising the flop and betting the turn, but I prefer to check back on this river. 54 got there, and backdoor clubs as well, so this was not the greatest card for you, and a good player is probably not calling you down with an overpair on this runout. I also prefer 3-betting preflop. This is a perfect hand to mix into your 3-betting range as a bluff, because it gives you coverage on low flops like this, and it does well against hands like AK, AQ or KQ, that he might continue with.

F

fast_frog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think your hand is good enough to call, so agree with the 3betting pre.

Raising is fine but bet really big both flop and turn, pot or overbet so you get the moneys in before the board gets screwed up like it did...

I would check back river or bet really small like 1/5 but fold to a raise.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars