blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$4 NL HE 6-max: Hit trips on the river, proper action

Carbon Poker. I am on SB with A3. Two limpers. I put in 2c and call. BB min. raises to 8c. Everyone calls. I put him on a medium or small pair or suited connector. I was getting 7:1 odds so I called 4c into a 28c pot.

Flop's 379 rainbow. I check. BB leads out with a 4c bet into a 32c pot. Fold, fold. I just call. No reason to fold here and being OOP I wanted to keep the pot small.

The turn is a Jh. I check again. He bets 10c into a 40c pot. I am thinking I could be ahead here and called it. I nail another 3 on the river.

I have about $2.30 left at this point. The pot is 60c.

My thinking is that it'd be rather obvious that I hit the 3 if I lead out with a bet here. And I think that it's likely that he will fire another shot at the pot and I can make more $ potentially by c/r. If he had a medium pair he probably bets it. The way he was betting I was pretty sure I had the best hand at that point.

He raises to 28c, and I reraised it to $1.20. He pauses for a long time and then decides to put me all in for my remaining $1. Instacall for me.

Never mind whether it was smart or stupid to limp with A3 preflop OOP, at the river, what do you think is the best play on the river? Lead out in which case the best I can get from him is a call or c/r?

I won't reveal what he had yet.