$25NL 6Max 1010 3betpot

E

EvilEmperor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You adjusted to someone who bets the turn 100% of the time by raising the flop with a bluff catcher. Even players who know what's going on and do adjust, they don't adjust correctly.

Raising the flop represents strong hands. Therefore, you're going to fold out you opponent's weak hands, and get calls from his strong ones. This isn't rocket science. So if your opponent is folding too much, you don't raise a hand like TT. You raise a hand like AK, that has 6 outs to a possible best hand.

You are right that calling will probably get you more bets from hands that you beat. If I had a weak ace, king or even a queen as top pair where there aren't as many overcards to beat me then I'm happy to let someone keep bluffing. I dont like it this spot because added to the percentage of times where you are already behind are the times where a villain hits his overcard or some other card that beats you.

There might be value here in calling here but when suckouts are accounted for I don't think that there's a lot. If feel that TT is too marginal here for that.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How does his turn betsizing effect our plan? If i call this turn here I will have called off ~60% of my stack which is going to leave me on the river getting 4:1 on a call with most likely an overpair. Do you still think calling is an option here or do we need to change our plan to push/fold? I probably lean towards folding, but im kind of a nit sometimes.

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------
party poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
BTN: $19.60 (78.4 bb)
SB: $25 (100 bb)
BB: $48.35 (193.4 bb)
MP: $23.95 (95.8 bb)
Hero (CO): $25 (100 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with T:heart: T:club:
MP folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN folds, SB raises to $2.50, BB folds, Hero calls $1.75
Flop: ($5.25) 7:heart: 9:spade: 4:club: (2 players)
SB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50
Turn: ($12.25) 2:diamond: (2 players)
SB bets $8.75 Hero ?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C9 is correct in all of the above. Typically we want to raise the top of our range for value and the bottom of our range to bluff - ideally with some drawing odds - and call with the middle of our range. TT is in the middle, so we call flop.

On turn, if you believe your original stats, i.e. that he 3bets 19% from SB and double barrels 100%, you still have 75% equity against his range, so there's no way we fold here. if he 3bets 8% and double barrels 100%, we have 64% equity. The only question is whether we call or jam, tbh. Depends whether we believe he's more likely to triple barrel air or to call a shove with overs.

E

EvilEmperor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you thought you were ahead on flop then turn card didn't change anything. If villain is double barreling 100% and 3 betting 19% then folding is out of the question. His chances of hitting overcards are a lot less now but I don't see villain shoving the rest of his stack on river unless he hits something. So I'd be shoving here.