$25NL 6-max: 3-bet pot OOP facing turn raise vs. reg with history

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So me & villain have a lot of history together (1.6k hands worth). He's called me down with ace high after a few draws missed, so he's a thinking player, and obviously doesn't give me much credit.

He runs: 24/19/34%(2.6)
Steal = 34%
Fold to 3-bet = 62% (but he's been calling me a lot this session for sure)
WTSD = 25%
Fold to c-bet = 61%

He has recently played fairly straightforward post-flop. I have been taking advantage of this and abusing him and his straightforwardness.

Hero (SB): $37.19 (148.8 bb)
BB: $4.39 (17.6 bb)
MP: $39.34 (157.4 bb)
CO: $5.30 (21.2 bb)
BTN: $34.83 (139.3 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with T
club4.gif
Q
club4.gif

2 folds, BTN raises to $0.85, Hero raises to $3.50, BB folds, BTN calls $2.65

Flop: ($7.25) 3
spade4.gif
heart4.gif
T
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($7.25) 6
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $4.25, BTN raises to $12, Hero??????????

Is this spot kinda gross, or is it just me?

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what's super weird about this is that if he was going to put you on whiffed overcards and make a play, you'd think he would do it on the flop. only reasons for waiting for the turn to bluff are a) he can collect a bet from you if he's that confident in his read, and b) it might look a little stronger. although really, i think the risk of it looking weird and full of crap might overwhelm that. other downside is that he gives you a free card to hit, and that it costs him more to make this play

so while it's easy for him to put you on a weak range/non overpairs when you don't bet the flop, the fact that he saw that and still chose not to stab on the flop, probably expecting you to bet turn, actually looks weirdly strong. i can definitely say that i'm not confident in what to do here because i can't recall being in many similar situations :X maybe i'm leveling myself but i fold

rileyl

rileyl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah this spot sucks. Your pretty deep OOP and reverse implied odds are really working against you here.

The thing is I think you have the best hand here SOOOOO often. Your bet looks really bluffy and you obviously have tons of history.

I think I flat call and probably check/call river to maximize his bluffs but I might be out to lunch here. This is why I play mostly FR lol.