$25 NLHE Full Ring: QQ, deep at Rush Poker

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all the same ninelions, you 3- bet UTG+2, what does that say about your hand? Insanely strong, its not like you were in the co or button.

If he had anything to match the value of the Qs he would have 4 bet.

Lets start really thinking about poker.....okay

Ahhh yes but this is Rush Poker where the most idiotic ways to play big pairs happen all the time.

Open limp with AA from the CO? Seen it.
Flat a BTN 3bet with KK from the BB? Sure
Flat a raise and a call in the SB with AA? Why not?
Limp behind with 2 limpers holding QQ? Standard.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all the same ninelions, you 3- bet UTG+2, what does that say about your hand? Insanely strong, its not like you were in the co or button.

Insanely strong yes, but don't we want to get value from AK/random stuff that missed, that might fold to a flop bet but might bluff the turn if we check behind? Or even might call a turn bet if he checks the turn and we bet, because we checked the flop?

It's a risk, 'cause like WV said earlier villain could bet the turn with his entire range which will be nasty if an A or K comes (I guess that's where sly was saying he bets this flop 'cause he's chicken).

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahhh yes but this is Rush Poker where the most idiotic ways to play big pairs happen all the time.

Open limp with AA from the CO? Seen it.
Flat a BTN 3bet with KK from the BB? Sure
Flat a raise and a call in the SB with AA? Why not?
Limp behind with 2 limpers holding QQ? Standard.

I've had QQ open limped from UTG two different times when I was in the big blind. Maybe that's the new way to play it, or the word is out that that's the way to play it when I'm in the big blind. I did pay them both off somewhat.

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet 5 on the flop, then 10 if it's checked to you again on the turn, then check the river. If opponent is sloplaying aa or kk then you just have to lose. Can't be afraid to c-bet with the lead preflop or else you will be put in a lot of difficult decisions on the turn and river with only one pair.

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Put the decisions on your opponent. The more tough decisions you force your opponent to make, the more likely he/she is to make a mistake. Passive poker is poor poker.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I keep forgetting, because I normally play short sessions and don't often get deep and playing a deep opponent, is that a 3 bet pot is still good for implied odds for middle pairs, so my opponent should call with 66/77/88/99 and set mine because we're deep and because I've said that I have a big hand.

Anyway, thanks for the discussion, peeps, I think it's been a good one.

fwiw, I checked the flop. J came on the turn so I'm now behind JJ as well, but opponent checked so I bet my OESD. He called. River bricked, he checked, I checked behind not wanting to get put to a tough decision if he raises. He had AK.