$25 NLHE Full Ring: 78suited pos on Fish with Almost the nutzz

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're a favorite against his range, it's GOOD to get it all in on the flop.

Sure, but it's irrelevant if the EV of raising is smaller than that of flatting. I think gw gets that but is just arguing that flatting is higher EV.

My opinion is that I don't see how we can argue that much when we know so little about villain's postflop play. Both stacking and flatting are clearly going to be profitable since we have >%50 equity. I tend to raise more often when I know less about his turn/river tendencies and how good my implied odds are because I know both raising and stacking once he reraises are going to show a profit regardless. In general though, vs worse opponents our implied odds will be better since they pay off more with pairs and chase more with draws. The downside is their ranges are so wide that they don't hit as often.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously raise on flop.

But lets say he does. Makes it $4 to go, Villain flat calls.

$9.85 in pot.

10, J, Q, A, hits turn, no diamond.

He leads out into us big bet $7 or $8 (most likely hit two pair then) we flat, fold, raise?

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To take our 31% chance on winning a huge pot right? Obviously no fold equity.

But wouldn't it be around $19 to win $50? 2 and a half to one on pot odds, doesn't need to be 40% or so?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To take our 31% chance on winning a huge pot right? Obviously no fold equity.

But wouldn't it be around $19 to win $50? 2 and a half to one on pot odds, doesn't need to be 40% or so?
You assume he never folds to that shove.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You assume he never folds to that shove.

True, but he pretty much doesn't..

But I mean I suppose he could be a total donk, and that is where that fold equity lies to make that a profitable enough play.