Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has A♣ 9

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60, 2 players) 8 9 A
BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00

Turn: ($3.60, 2 players) 2♣
BB checks, Hero bets $2.25, BB raises to $5.00, Hero calls $2.75

River: ($13.60, 2 players) 8
BB bets $6.00, Hero ???

Villain is a 46/16 over 43 hands. I'm pretty sure i shouldnt fold to the small turn raise. Is a call there ok or should I raise? What should I do on the river?

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty thin pf open. I open AJo, and might open ATo given we have this fish in the BB, and if the players with position on me were pretty tight with their 3bets, but A9o is getting pretty thin imo.

Postflop looks fine, but I just pot flop. He's calling any ace, tons of diamonds, tons of stuff like JT, QJ, 8x, 9x, etc, just go for full value.

Turn you can't fold - you've got like $24 behind, giving you 8.85:2.75 = ~3:1 immediate odds, but you're getting like 27.85:2.75 = ~10.12:1 implied. You're ~%9 to win vs a made flush, or a 10.11:1 dog, so unless I messed up the maths you're getting implied odds if he HAS a flush. He'll have worse though sometimes with random spazzes like KdXy, worse two pairs, some top pairs, the occasional weird semibluff with like TdTx or whatever...easy turn call.

Given the river sizing I think AK/AQ are still in his range so I still call. Expecting to see quite a few flushes, but I'm not folding.

timboslice4

timboslice4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he flopped a flush here. The call on the flop and the check raise on the turn just indicates a classic donk slow playing. To me it almost seems too obvious. when he just calls on the flop it looks like he is not afraid of getting out drawn. If he has an ace, 88, or pair and a diamond i could see a reraise most likely not a call. The check raise on the turn to me confirms he hit the flush. He is definitely trying to build a pot here. On the river it looks like he is trying to get you to call a value bet. im thinking i would have folded on the river. Even though my gut is screaming Flush! you never know when these lags are doing something rediculous, but i usually try to go with my gut and i would have folded.

keep in mind ChuckTs is a way more experienced cash game player than me.