$25 NLHE 6-max: AA 3ways on turn, all small board.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An unknown and a bad tag call a raggy flop cbet in a 3bet pot and all of a sudden they both have sets or one of the 4 turned combos of straights??? There are zero realistic 2 pair combos, 9 sets, 4 straights, and like a MILLION JJ-QQ/Tx/99/QJ-type hands.

Double barrel shove turn AINEC.

Easy now that you have the results, isn't it? Come on man, make a reply before I post results.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ChuckTS vs Forsakenone, Round 1!

..but seriously lol, don't think he cares about results.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Fold. U gotta believe at least 1 had trips. Tough but u played it right.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't see the results post, and my reply would still stand if you were against two sets. Look through my posting history, I don't contribute posts to try to get the 'right' guess. I post to help people who ask for it when I feel I can provide.

Seriously this is just a clear shove on this turn.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't see the results post, and my reply would still stand if you were against two sets. Look through my posting history, I don't contribute posts to try to get the 'right' guess. I post to help people who ask for it when I feel I can provide.

Seriously this is just a clear shove on this turn.
Agreed. So many of these hand analysis posts turn into group think. The results don't affect you, but other people's replies do.

When I read the hand I was like "easy shove".

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An unknown and a bad tag call a raggy flop cbet in a 3bet pot and all of a sudden they both have sets or one of the 4 turned combos of straights??? There are zero realistic 2 pair combos, 9 sets, 4 straights, and like a MILLION JJ-QQ/Tx/99/QJ-type hands.

Double barrel shove turn AINEC.

This post could have been much more meaningful if it was posted BEFORE the results were posted. I agree that leading the turn with a check holding aces after getting two calls of your cbet on the flop could be bad but it's not unrealistic to have a hand play out just like this and someone have a set. I'm sorry but the fact that this was posted after the results just takes a lot of the credibility of your assessment out of the equation.

Also, you can't fault the OP for feeling that way about your analysis.

After seeing the results I would also suggest betting the turn. That's probably why he didn't post the results of the hand. To get a quality hand analysis from an unbiased group. All the explanation in the world won't make your analysis credible from this point on so it might as well be dropped here. On to the next one.

NH GG

LOL

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed. So many of these hand analysis posts turn into group think. The results don't affect you, but other people's replies do.

When I read the hand I was like "easy shove".

Funny that you didn't post anything until after the results were posted also....you have zero credibility analyzing this hand AFTER the results were posted.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny that you didn't post anything until after the results were posted also....you have zero credibility analyzing this hand AFTER the results were posted.
Lulz. The SPR is like 2.5 on the flop, there are a trillion combos of worse overpairs, and you don't think getting the money in is automatic?

I typically don't reply to threads with a lot of replies, I try to make sure everyone has a few comments on their hands. But this one was pushing 30, so I took a look.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lulz. The SPR is like 2.5 on the flop, there are a trillion combos of worse overpairs, and you don't think getting the money in is automatic?

I simply stated that it seemed as though you waited until the results were posted to give any kind of hand analysis.

Why?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I simply stated that it seemed as though you waited until the results were posted to give any kind of hand analysis.

Why?
Why what? Why is a SPR of 2.5 an auto stack with an overpair?

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why what? Why is a SPR of 2.5 an auto stack with an overpair?

I guess people should NEVER post the results of a hand in a thread asking for hand analysis because it makes people think that the advice given after that is results biased. That's all I'm saying.

I don't disagree with your analysis though. I think this is a tough spot and sometimes people will have a set here. No?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't disagree with your analysis though. I think this is a tough spot and sometimes people will have a set here. No?
Sure, people will have a set here sometimes, but I don't think it's a tough spot. When I first read the hand I thought the hand converter must have screwed up, because clearly we wouldn't fold.

Yes, we will lose to a set sometimes, but in a 3-bet pot when there's that much money in the middle, even if we lose half of the time, we're still making money. That's why you use stack to pot ratio rules, it takes the thinking out of spots and makes them automatic. If it was more like 5-6:1, we'd have a real decision. But here, just dump the money in. It's simple poker math, pot odds. Find reasons to fold in small pots, reasons to call in big ones.

Plus, people just don't like giving up in 3-bet pots. You will see more loose calls, more bluffs because people feel more committed (because they are). Just because some unknown overcalled the flop doesn't mean there are monsters under your bed.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, people will have a set here sometimes, but I don't think it's a tough spot. When I first read the hand I thought the hand converter must have screwed up, because clearly we wouldn't fold.

Yes, we will lose to a set sometimes, but in a 3-bet pot when there's that much money in the middle, even if we lose half of the time, we're still making money. That's why you use stack to pot ratio rules, it takes the thinking out of spots and makes them automatic. If it was more like 5-6:1, we'd have a real decision. But here, just dump the money in. It's simple poker math, pot odds. Find reasons to fold in small pots, reasons to call in big ones.

Plus, people just don't like giving up in 3-bet pots. You will see more loose calls, more bluffs because people feel more committed (because they are). Just because some unknown overcalled the flop doesn't mean there are monsters under your bed.

Thanks, and I like your user title.

:)

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An unknown and a bad tag call a raggy flop cbet in a 3bet pot and all of a sudden they both have sets or one of the 4 turned combos of straights???

I know right. I laughed at that also.

Anyway, I'd post some thoughts about the hand here but apparently since the cards the btn and the goofball happened to hold are known I can't really do that anymore. Sooooo we'll just nevermind then,

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An unknown and a bad tag call a raggy flop cbet in a 3bet pot and all of a sudden they both have sets

I know right. I laughed at that also.

Anyway, I'd post some thoughts about the hand here but apparently since the cards the btn and the goofball happened to hold are known I can't really do that anymore. Sooooo we'll just nevermind then.