$25 NL HE 6-max: I have to fold the river here... right?

P

pokernomad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.10/$.25
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
Pacific Poker - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 235.12 BB
UTG: 46.6 BB
MP: 161.24 BB
CO: 228.24 BB
BTN: 267.76 BB
Hero (SB): 122 BB

Hero
posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 6:spade: 6:diamond:

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, CO calls 1 BB, fold, Hero calls 0.6 BB, BB checks

Flop: (4 BB, 4 players) 7:spade: 4:spade: 6:heart:
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets 2.64 BB, Hero raises to 7.6 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 4.96 BB

Check raise here feels correct, they are calling with 77, 44, overpairs, spade flush draw - I can't think of anything else villain would have here

Turn: (19.2 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
Hero bets 12.64 BB, CO calls 12.64 BB

This bet size might be a bit big, but with 2 flush draws, I think we should size up a bit
A call here doesn't change his range that much

River: (44.48 BB, 2 players) A:spade:
Hero bets 29.32 BB, CO raises to 207 BB and is all-in, fold

Ugh - the worst card for me - a check means I give up, so a bet to remove his over pairs and maybe 44
His shove has to be a flush right?

CO wins 97.96 BB

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Hero

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO bets 2.64 BB, Hero raises to 7.6 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 4.96 BB

Check raise here feels correct, they are calling with 77, 44, overpairs, spade flush draw - I can't think of anything else villain would have here

This bet size might be a bit big, but with 2 flush draws, I think we should size up a bit

Ugh - the worst card for me - a check means I give up, so a bet to remove his over pairs and maybe 44

CO wins 97.96 BB
Most likely it is a flush. We must fold here because at lower limits players aren’t bluffing enough to justify our hero calling on this spot.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Why not check river? You could call a small bet and potentially lose less than v your line. As played versus a raise I think it's a clear fold.

valduer

valduer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips

Hero

CO wins 97.96 BB
By the time he called on the flush you can basically rule out overpairs, especially since he's the 2nd to limp in preflop (so 10s+ should definitely be ruled out).

So looking at the calling range after the flop it's either another set or the spade flush draw.
So with this river card you should probably check and maybe call a smaller raise (which at this point would be a bluff catcher).

M

Mac557

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Either lead out OTF or if you are going to X/R I would go for larger sizing given you are MW and there could be multiple callers. Turn sizing I probably go a couple of BB more but no biggie. As played I would bet slightly smaller OTR, thus making it easier to find a fold and because you aren't getting called as wide by weaker hands given the river is now worse for them too.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the flop I think we are better off leading here. There are a lot of opponents and with that many opponents we may see a lot of checks behind us and a check through here is a tradge for our hand and what the board is. I would lead out here (since it was a limped pot) to a somewhat standard sizing of half pot give or take and see what happens. If you do take the check raise line I dont hate it by any means but our raise should be more as we really want to charge the draws and playing as deep as we are the draws will call larger bets due to the larger implied odds of cash game stacks.

Turn: Pretty good card for us and I like your sizing with the double flush draws. I think you can go even bigger here but betting 60% as you did is also fine. Maybe 70-75% pot is a little more optimal here but as with everything theres villain dependent-ness to it as well.

River: It does complete the flush but its also the Ace of that suit so it does cut down on potential flushes a little more than say a 10 of spades would. When we lead here for 2/3rds pot what are we looking to have call us? The one pair hands will have a much tougher time to call us, the straight draws that missed should never be calling but only folding or raising as a bluff, two pair calls but those call a little less than if the river was a blank and also since we have a set we block two pairs somewhat decently. I think this is a perfect spot to check and make it look like you just pissed your pants the flush card came in and have the intention to call. I think when we check here the bets that we face that are larger will tend to be bluffs more than the half pot or smaller bets that will look more valuey. So when we do face a large bet than we should be more prepared to call and the hands that beat us should not want us to fold or at least have some level of fear we fold and should be smaller which are at least more tolerable to us if we are wrong. I would check here and see what villain does. I think their check back hands are hands that would not call a river bet anyway and especially not a bet the size you make it.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
UTG calls 1bb
CO calls 1bb
SB calls 1bb...
Sounds like customer table.
I would x/raise flop a lot bigger and definetely overbet (maybe jam) the turn. Check/call or Check/fold on river depending on villain tendencies.

Folding in Poker