thunder1276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt poker $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1267262
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.4 SB) Hero is UTG with T K
Hero raises, MP 3-bets, 1 fold, BTN calls, SB caps!, BB calls, hero??

This was certainly a pretty aggressive table and was a little loose but bets were rarely capped preflop, and there usually wasn't this many people in. My first question is, is K10o good enough to play UTG 6 handed? I used to play LHE all the time but I stopped for a while and am just getting back to it. I have learned that you have to be very aggressive 6 handed but I am not sure about how to play UTG. After it is capped 4 ways should I still be calling here? I am getting 9:1 but with 4 other people in there is a very good chance that I will be dominated, if not crushed, and if I hit top pair I would be paying off all three streets, so is it worth the risk to play here?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Since you're debating about this spot, you should fold pre. KTo is already on the marginal side, and if you're new to the game, just leave it in the muck. When you're not a great player, you compensate for this by keeping yourself out of tricky spots. I do the same thing in games I'm weak at. So fold pre.

2) Once you've VPIP'd in LHE, you pretty much always see a flop. If there's any spot where you would want to fold pre after you've VPIP'd, it'd probably be this one, since you have almost everything going against you (relative & absolute position, your hand, your skill level). So I don't mind folding, but you're getting 7:1 immediate and a ton of implied odds so calling is fine too.

For preflop questions in the future, ask the hand chart. You'll notice, the chart has KTo as a fold UTG.

Preflop is the most important decision you'll make in just about any limit game, because the pot gets big really fast in relation to the bet size and pot commits you really fast. So get the preflop decisions right!