kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game 5/5

UTG $1k Solid Reg
UTG+1 $2.5k Hero
UTG+2 $1k Unknown Have been playing with this player for about an hour seems a bit sticky calling my open raises but haven't seen him get out off line .
BB $1.3k Solid Reg A little too tight IMO.
UTG opens to $40 a big bet for the game usual is $15-$30, not quite sure how to range this bet as ive played with this guy quite a bit and haven't seen the over raise.
Hero calls with 10c10s
UTG+2 calls
BB calls
Flop ($165) KdQd10h
UTG checks
Hero bets $135
I would usually bet smaller here but because UTG checked and is a good solid reg I think that he would never slow play his K , Q sets on this very co - ordinated board .
For this reason I think we have the best hand a ton and decide to get the $$$ in the middle as the turn could kill the action completely.
Only concern is AJ but I think UTG is betting for the same reasons as the sets, UTG+2 should be folding AJ but possibly calling the suited versions as we have labelled him a bit sticky pre and the BB folds AJ a lot due to he's tight nature but is getting insane odds so possibly calls.
Either way I think the big bet accomplishes 2 things : Defines where we are in the hand as I expect AJ to raise and builds the pot for a turn shove as I expect a lot off worse hands to call , such as JJd AdK KQ Diamond draws.
UTG+2 calls
Turn heads up ( 435) Ad I know right Best card in the deck .
Hero checks ~ I don't have a plan and am thinking FML.
UTG+2 bets $250 with $300 behind . ?

Can I play this hand better ? Or find a call ever ………………..with some logic?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, its fine to hate life and check-quit on that turn card. We are out of position, there is not much stack left behind, and we are also not drawing to the nuts. We could be dead against the royal flush, or we could end up making a worse boat than his. The only thing, that might make me call here, is, if I think, the Villain is bad enough to bet two pair, even there is a 1-liner to a straight on the board. But given the stakes, that seem unlikely.

Folding in Poker