thepokerkid123

thepokerkid123

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$200 NL HE Full Ring: Middle pair

This hand took place in a live game.

My table image was very loose and my opponent was about the same.

He had $150, I had him covered.

I'm dealt Th9c in the CO seat. Two players limp before me and I call, button calls, SB folds and BB checks.

5 players to the flop. $11 pot.

AcTd8c

Checked to the button who makes it $8, folded to me and I call.

Pot is $27
Turn is Tc

I check, button bets $14, I call.

Pot is $45
River is Kc
I check, button bets $50, I call.

I'm guessing this one is going to look a little strange so I'll help you out by saying that on the flop I thought there was a very good chance that he had the T or less and if he had the T then I didn't expect my kicker was any good but I can probably move him off the T fairly easily.

Last edited:
thepokerkid123

thepokerkid123

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm... no one telling me off for check calling OOP with a weak hand?

The reason I posted this hand is because it's a good example of how I've been winning lately.
I get all in with my big hands when they're in front and get smashed. I'm confident that over the last two weeks I've lost more money on them than I've won, but I'm still winning because of hands like this one. Losing with big hands and winning with rags.

I'm just wondering if this is variance and if hands played like this are really proffitable.

In case anyone is interested in alaysing this hand for me, here were my thoughts as it played out:

Pre-flop: Unsuited connector, way worse than suited but if I can see a cheap flop I can probably make up for the $2 I have to invest in it when I do hit, and since I've been making accurate reads I don't think I need to hit very hard. Can't raise because it's T9o and I'm unlikely to scare the button away if he has half a hand, so I'll be OOP a lot of the time.

Flop: When it's checked to me I'm fairly sure no one has a strong ace, I may have the best hand but can't really bet it with the button behind me, I'm probably hoping for a lower card to come off on the turn.
The button bets, I think I'm probably behind here, he could have the A or he could have the T. Didn't feel like a draw because it's $8 into a 5 way pot. If he has the T, I can make him fold, if he has the A, I'm in a bad spot but I'll hang around and find out.

Turn: The turn card changed everything. Not really concerned about the flush but now if he had the A then I'm ahead, if he had the T now I can't get him off it. I can't value bet, because he'll fold the A, couldn't have value bet even if the turn was a blank because my hand is too weak and I'm OOP. He bets and I call since all of the A's are still in his range and there's only one T left in the deck.

River: 4th club comes off, I've probably got the best hand now. Only thing I expect to get beaten by is Qc or Jc, can't value bet though because there's not much he can call with. I've also been putting him on at least a pair all the way, if he had an A or a T, then he's got only got one card that can be a club and I don't know the odds of it being one but I think 20% or less. Pot size bet, snap call.

He mucks, I rake in the pot.

Kind of a routine hand, but every decision was borderline and since most of my recent proffits have come from these hands I thought I'd post it here for someone to kindly criticise it if there's anything wrong.