$200 NLHE Full Ring: a couple hands from Live session

mvpnight

mvpnight

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will have to side with Beanfacekilla on this one,I have gone over this hand with others as well, and although I agree with some points given by others there was no reason why I had to limp this hand. In doing so I am playing like every other 1/2 player out there. I think there are times where it is better to limp and see a flop, but I do not believe this is one of those times.

M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Beanfacekilla too. Weak suited kings aren't that great, even in multiway pots. We really have to smash the flop to continue, and we don't flop trips/two pairs/flushes enough. Flopping a lone pair of kings/even trip kings or two pair give us reverse implied odds against better kings. And when we flop a flush draw, we may not reach showdown or see a cheap turn/river since people go crazy about "protecting" their hand in multiway pots.

I'd rather much limp behind here with any suited ace and decent suited connectors. We can draw to/flop the nuts and make much stronger hands, which is important in multiway pots.

Even if you do profit limping K3s behind here, I imagine it wouldn't be much despite the terrible level of play at 1/2.

And like Bean said, I don't like shipping or calling flop either because we don't have any FE and also because most of the time our K/3 outs aren't clean.

Last edited:
Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands