No Limit
Stakes
$1/$2
Table Format
Heads-up (2 seats)
Currency
$

Is this a cooler or is it standard?
Standard in terms of HU ranges, since there are wider and the chance of seeing a bluff increases.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The behavior of the villain caught my eye. He makes the minimum bet on the flop and calls. And then he plays a check-raise on the turn. I haven't seen your cards yet, but it felt like you were behind. The situation has changed. Based on the size of the pot on the turn and the sudden aggression of the opponent, you should already think about whether you are ready to call or not. Because there will be all in on the river. And so it happened. If you have repeatedly caught the villain on a bluff, then you can safely consider this possibility. It turned out that the villain had not only 2 pairs, but also a flush draw from the flop.
I decided to use a CardsСhat calculator. You were making a value raise, but the odds were already a little behind on the flop. It turns out that you underestimated the opponent's hand initially.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was expecting to see a straight here. The donk-call, check-raise line is wierd (strong) so I don't think J7 is a great call down. Surprised to see a flop donk on that board at these stakes maybe the player was recreational

Mr_Kk13

Mr_Kk13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The behavior of the villain caught my eye. He makes the minimum bet on the flop and calls. And then he plays a check-raise on the turn. I haven't seen your cards yet, but it felt like you were behind. The situation has changed. Based on the size of the pot on the turn and the sudden aggression of the opponent, you should already think about whether you are ready to call or not. Because there will be all in on the river. And so it happened. If you have repeatedly caught the villain on a bluff, then you can safely consider this possibility. It turned out that the villain had not only 2 pairs, but also a flush draw from the flop.
I decided to use a CardsСhat calculator. You were making a value raise, but the odds were already a little behind on the flop. It turns out that you underestimated the opponent's hand initially.
View attachment 346862
Thanks for taking the time for the analysis and the illustration mate! I believe both players play it like that because the ranges in HU matches are very very wide, and any two pair can be considered top of range here, but I may be way off here.

Mr_Kk13

Mr_Kk13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was expecting to see a straight here. The donk-call, check-raise line is wierd (strong) so I don't think J7 is a great call down. Surprised to see a flop donk on that board at these stakes maybe the player was recreational
Also it matters that these players most likely have sufficient HUD stats on each other. Having said that, I would not have called either.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I believe both players play it like that because the ranges in HU matches are very very wide, and any two pair can be considered top of range here, but I may be way off here.
This seems correct. The player who check-raises the turn has an extremely good hand in HU. But he also has to balance his range with some draws and almost forces his opponent to call down with a lot of hands so he doesn't overfold. So to call with a worse two-pair is probably a cooler for people who play HU at this level.

(And they may even "take a little help" from some RTA since HU Holdem is almost solved). HU Limit is totally solved and dead, and NLH HU is on its way.):cry:

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Is this a cooler or is it standard?
Standard in terms of HU ranges, since there are wider and the chance of seeing a bluff increases.
Yes, I think this is normal, but in his shoes I would control the pot either way. Hard to fold two pair in a heads-up situation, all in all the hand is standard.