$20 PL O 6-max: Bluff called on turn, do we bother betting river?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seat 1: xxMR***1 ($8.96 in chips)
Seat 2: 5thS***2 ($25.10 in chips) DEALER
Seat 3: jordanbillie ($19.80 in chips)
Seat 8: Zigs***8 ($19.10 in chips)
Seat 9: dolb***9 ($4.71 in chips)
Seat 10: Gimm***10 ($10.12 in chips)
jordanbillie: posts small blind $0.10
Zigs***8: posts big blind $0.20
Dealt to jordanbillie [Tc][Jh][4d][Ah]
dolb***9: folds
Gimm***10: raises to $0.70
xxMR***1: calls $0.70
5thS***2: folds
jordanbillie: calls $0.60
Zigs***8: calls $0.50
*** FLOP *** [6s][3d][Kd]
jordanbillie: checks
Zigs***8: checks
Gimm***10: checks
xxMR***1: checks
*** TURN *** [7c]
jordanbillie: checks
Zigs***8: checks
Gimm***10: bets $1.40
xxMR***1: folds
jordanbillie: raises to $7
Zigs***8: folds
Gimm***10: calls $5.60
*** RIVER *** [Kc]
jordanbillie: ????????????

At this point the villain only has about $2 left behind. We tried to bluff him off on the turn and he just called it. Should we fire this river or save $2 and give up on the hand?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting spot, looking forward to others' opinions. What's your table image and any reads on Villain?

I outlevel myself here all the time. For Villain to call instead of shoving the turn w only $2.50 behind leads me to think Villain's drawing at something - the rivered K shouldn't have helped a lot unless Villain's holding 77xx, which doesn't fit pf that well. He should think the river didn't help us either, but any hand worse than a straight should have problems callling us on the river. Not shoving the turn looks like he doesn't have the straight you've repped, and unless he's holding 33, 66, or 77 (doubt 33 and 66) he should think he's behind on the river.

So here's my thinking - it's worth firing the river, it doesn't have to work that often to be profitable. The catch is that I'm baffled why Villain would call the turn raise instead of shoving - if I'm Villain, our FE is close to zero (only $2.50 for $18ish pot). But for Villain to only call the turn raise rather than shove leads me to think we may have some FE here.

Like I say, I outlevel myself all the time by assuming Villain is logical, so...

M

mrjohnson911

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think slycbnew really puts it down well... the turn b/c appears like a draw.. i'd just put him allin... theres so much in the pot compared to to what youre bluffing.. also it may pay you off later when people know you ll bluff the river again after being called on the turn..

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars