Chips
lolz i love it

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uggghh. This sounds like its headed to the rigged thread but I have to ask.... how does the poker site know which players are good and which ones are bad.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where did those % come from?

N

noname65

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The software automatically analyzes several factors:

-- relationship between stakes played and BR

-- VPIP/PFR/AF and other easily collected stats, which can indicate a solid or bad player

-- initial deposit size and redeposit history

-- length of time account has been open (nearly all fish go on upswings just after they sign up and first deposit)

-- the pattern of play needed to clear the first deposit bonus (bad players tend to run out of BR just before clearing it)

Also, the staff keep track of any bitter comments emailed to support and identify those who accuse the site of being rigged as fish. This can be done at a simple keystroke.

Not to mention that those who withdraw more than about 5% of their BR but continue playing tend to suffer severe downswings, especially if they attempt to withdraw immediately after their first big win.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you know this?

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obv he's CCs mole in the industry

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u have no experience. there goes that theory :eek:

N

noname65

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand why it's so hard for people on poker fora to accept that the people running poker sites have human failings just like the rest of us. It would be VERY unusual if people who went into the poker business really were some kind of saints on the mountaintop, the way the regular posters here would have you believe. Heck, none of US is a saint on the mountaintop. We make money taking advantage of stupid people. Why should the people running poker sites have any better morals than we do?

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guys, I think we've been leveled. wp noname, wp....

N

noname65

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is how a very intelligent fellow on another forum explained it to me:

1. I have played thousands of hands. I am dealt cards at mathmatically correct odds. I do go through stretches where I am way off, sometimes for me sometimes against me but in the long run I am dealt the right number of hands. There are people with databases containing millions of hands. They find minor discrepancies in the way people play and use it against them. if there was as large number as 2% they would spot it instantly. Have a look at the zoo at 2+2. these guys track down bots for fun using there databases.
2. The major poker sites make huge amounts of money. As the big 2 are privately owned we don't know how much money they actually makes but it is a lot. An allegation that is backed up with even partial evidence will bankrupt them overnight. Being rich does not mean you are moral but it does mean that you are probably smart enough not to risk it all for what is in effect a small amount of money.
3. There are a huge number of people involved with the running of a poker site. The guys at the top do not write or support the software. They have junior low paid staff to do that. As these guys are not that well paid they tend to move on. However, if there is something written into the software they could easily stumble over it. This is not just something that can be easily covered up. That was how UB were originally busted and in the most recent discussions it looks as if they were being blackmailed by a low level support bod. That scandel broke when there were far fewer players or databases available.
4. If online poker is rigged why do the same people who do so well online do so well offline with live dealers.
5. The sites dont need to tempt bad players to play. Gamblers anonymous has been in existance for over 50 years. Well before the internet let alone online poker.

My response to him was that there would be much fewer poker-is-rigged threads if forum regulars would respond with this kind of reasoned explanation rather than knee-jerk ridicule. The ridicule only makes the suspicious losing player even more suspicious because it looks like there's some kind of coverup conspiracy involving winning players. So thank you for nothing, Cardschat. I had to go elsewhere to find a poker (and computer) expert with enough common sense not to belittle me.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has been said countless times in the Riggtard thread here.

Last edited:
brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My response to him was that there would be much fewer poker-is-rigged threads if forum regulars would respond with this kind of reasoned explanation rather than knee-jerk ridicule. The ridicule only makes the suspicious losing player even more suspicious because it looks like there's some kind of coverup conspiracy involving winning players. So thank you for nothing, Cardschat. I had to go elsewhere to find a poker (and computer) expert with enough common sense not to belittle me.

The reason for the knee jerk ridicule is because riggtards are almost 100% of the time not gonna listen to reason. They get it stuck in their heads that its rigged and want proof that its not when it should really be the other way around. Even when faced with the proof, as in huge databases full of hands and stats, they say its not enough. Its not really worth peoples time to write a well thought out response that is just going to go largely ignored. So we make fun of them instead because, well, its kinda funny that people think its rigged. I highly doubt that it makes riggtards more suspicious.

You seem like a good guy who is a borderline riggtard. Just keep that talk in the appropriate thread and you wont be ridiculed or belittled.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Posts deleted.

Hand has been analyzed and was well played.

Locking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.