$2 NLHE 6-max: Would someone normally fold high cards in this spot on the turn?

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $4.67 (234 bb)
CO: $1.61 (81 bb)
BU: $1.04 (52 bb)
SB (Hero): $2.28 (114 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with Q K
UTG raises to $0.04, 1 fold, BTN 3-bets to $0.06, Hero 4-bets to $0.24, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.20, BTN calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.74) 7 9 T (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($1.04) 5 (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.30, BU folds, SB (Hero) folds

Total pot: $1.04 (Rake: $0.04)
UTG wins $1

If we assumed the pot was heads up between me and LJ for example, would you be folding your high-cards in his position if the flop went. SB BETS 2/3 POT.

That's the Range I give LJ. I didn't barrel flop because I was multi-way but I really felt like BTN's min raise was bologna. My main question is what do we think LJ would fold out of his range to a 2/3 pot bet if it was HU, many of the missed overcards have gutshots and potential to turn or river top pair, so idk how often hes folding any of his range was wondering if someone had a better idea in their experiences.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes.

But why are you 4-betting offsuit KQ pre-flop in this spot? Where both players super loose pre that it was warranted? Seems like a fold even though you're 4-handed.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes.

But why are you 4-betting offsuit KQ pre-flop in this spot? Where both players super loose pre that it was warranted? Seems like a fold even though you're 4-handed.

Ya they were both playing high vpip, over 50

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a wet texture that more or less misses your 4-bet range (maybe 3.5 bet range considering the BU min-raise) I think you fold this specific combo against or 2/3 c-bet. You can continue with KQo combos with a diamond for some extra equity with the backdoor flushdraw to go along with your overs and gutshot. Holding a blocker to the flush also increases the chance that all your outs play.

Last edited:
L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is that you played fine. But you can also give up the flop, because with a blue Queen or a King, we can only bluffcatch our opponent. In theory, you can also play a check-raise on the flop. But in the case of a call, we must continue to bet on the turn.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
If they were both massive fish, I can get on board with this 4-bet. And just to make it clear, this is more like a 3-bet, because UTG min-raised, and BTN just min-clicked. So this is not really different from a situation, where UTG raised to 3BB, and BTN called. The only difference is, that if we decide to just call, then UTG can come over the top, which make that option much less attractive. So for me this is clearly a fold or raise spot.

Flop
This is a bad flop for your hand and your range, so I would also check against two opponents. When UTG then bet 10c into a pot of 74c, you are getting direct odds to draw even just to a gutshot, and you have two overs as well, so I cant imagine folding.

Turn
Now he is betting 30% pot, so you are getting a much worse price, and you are behind to even some bluffs like AX of diamonds. I would also give up at this point.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a wet texture that more or less misses your 4-bet range (maybe 3.5 bet range considering the BU min-raise) I think you fold this specific combo against or 2/3 c-bet. You can continue with KQo combos with a diamond for some extra equity with the backdoor flushdraw to go along with your overs and gutshot. Holding a blocker to the flush also increases the chance that all your outs play.

thanks for the reply. my question was if it was hypothetically heads up between me and HJ, and I c-bet flop, is villain folding any high-cards or just calling with his whole range? since alot of his highcards have gutshots etc.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for the reply. my question was if it was hypothetically heads up between me and HJ, and I c-bet flop, is villain folding any high-cards or just calling with his whole range? since alot of his highcards have gutshots etc.

Oops misread it. Everything applies to villain just as much though. Probably supposed to continue with his overs that contain a diamond.

Folding in Poker