[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Flop: ($0.04) 2 3 8 (2 players)
SB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.04
[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Turn: ($0.16) 8 (2 players)
SB bets $1.06, BB (Hero) folds

ever folding here? have to wonder if we are outkicked. If he is playing wide pre-flop because he is fishy but maybe not very aggro unless he has a hand do we think we are outkicked more often than not? would the worse 8x play a bit less aggro? does he have worse 8x in his range all that often here?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the V had 22 or 33 he shouldn't be afraid of a flush draw on the turn. However, being generous I include the 6 corresponding combos. But since the ranges are super wide in a limped pot and BvB, it is totally logical to include 12 dominated combinations that we defeat and that contain the eight. If we add 2 bluff combos (AA) that a V will probably ever deceive since preflop, we have a decision to make on the turn.
While it is true that V's donk bet is perceived as a stack played, the odds to call are a certain number now. And if we add to that the cost of playing the hand (rake), I encourage that without more information about the villain we call more often in these types of places. The V bet looks very protective, like that he waiting for us to call it with pocket jacks that we block.
Greetings.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would be worried about 22 and 33. SB will almost never be limping in with premium pairs here nor would he be likely to have a higher 8x. The *near* jam on the turn makes no sense based on the previous action and I would fold here.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be worried about 22 and 33. SB will almost never be limping in with premium pairs here nor would he be likely to have a higher 8x. The *near* jam on the turn makes no sense based on the previous action and I would fold here.

I actually did fold, with a sour taste in my mouth though. Because he has broken stack I wonder if calling is just better, In game I thought he could have boat or better 8x but if hes fish maybe hes jamming middling PP’s thinking theyre good or worse 8x enough to call usually at these stakes when they start jamming I just believe then without good resds, but C having a broken stack might be enough of reason to call, wasnt sure.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I actually did fold, with a sour taste in my mouth though. Because he has broken stack I wonder if calling is just better, In game I thought he could have boat or better 8x but if hes fish maybe hes jamming middling PP’s thinking theyre good or worse 8x enough to call usually at these stakes when they start jamming I just believe then without good resds, but C having a broken stack might be enough of reason to call, wasnt sure.

I don't think the broken stack thing is a good tell anymore. I see a lot more players at these stakes start below the maximum buy-in and others just too lazy to reload or just not reloading because they are out of money. This just ends up being one of those maximum variance spots where you are flying completely blind.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the broken stack thing is a good tell anymore. I see a lot more players at these stakes start below the maximum buy-in and others just too lazy to reload or just not reloading because they are out of money. This just ends up being one of those maximum variance spots where you are flying completely blind.

Yeah it was a sketchy spot, I looked at the pot realized it was like 8bb, villain is jamming 50bb so I just let it go, probably way better spots than this

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In free play, we have to play even more carefully than in a raised pot. I think when overbetting from a fish, we should fold even with such a strong hand, but with an average kicker. Heroic fold, but at these limits we have to play like this in order to learn how to make money on recreational players.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, never folding, unless you hate money. It's honestly an extremely bad fold.

That's the easiest turn shove you'll get in nlh.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty wide range from complete on SB. Maybe polarized. So with trips i would easy get it in.

T

tt124f

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When V plays like this, most of our reasonings against solid players don’t apply anymore. V may just have K3 or some 45h. This turn over-bet is a lot different from a river shove because some agg fish are protecting their second pair. If you are not sure, you can call this time to see what exactly they have.

L

lanelosee100

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
never fold here again. a small amount of the time you will be outkicked and that would be just unlucky. but a larger percentage of the time you will be up against a slow played over pair and get paid by an over aggressive opponent.

KKillerss

KKillerss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A strange play that depends a lot on your readings of the Villain. Ive seen both situations of ridiculous bad shoves, and "shoves for value". With no read I tend to agree with Lanel.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: fine.

F: fine, we could call but raising is better.

T: readless it's easy jam vs weak player. Villain's non-allin all-in is polarizing, but his overall play is just too goofy for us to fold.

Last edited: