$2 NLHE 6-max: Shove or Fold? Overpair on flushed Board 4-bet Pot

G

Great Big Pair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious, generally speaking how many of you prefer a fold in this spot or a shove all-in here? I'm confident we can all agree that calling is gross.

I'd like to hear your reasoning either way.

Given the pre-flop action, I don't think villain has many sets here. He's got an overpair to mine often enough, but he has AK, AQ a lot too. Is he betting out at this flop with a made flush?

Do we get fold here often enough? Is he doing this with one diamond often enough?

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 137.5 BB
Hero (SB): 129.5 BB
BB: 40 BB
UTG: 87 BB
MP: 100 BB
CO: 145.5 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T T

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 12 BB, fold, CO raises to 30 BB, Hero calls 18 BB

Flop: (61 BB, 2 players) 5 2 4
Hero checks, CO bets 33.5 BB, Hero ??

\

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if villain 4 bets to 30 bb in most cases he or she will have jacks or better maybe ak so i think you should fold this hand because in best case scenario you will be in a coinflip scenario so its much better to find a better spot to risk your entire stack.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What 4 bet range are you putting villain on? Did you have any stats or history?

We're 40/60 underdog pre vs JJ+, AK & AQ range, as an example. On that exact flop we've got 33% equity vs that range with our hand. Start removing combos of AQ and we are looking increasingly crushed.

At 2nl and 5nl I'm giving villains a really tight 4 bet range until I have proof otherwise. My decision here depends a lot on my best guess/evidence at their 4 bet range. I might fold pre vs some nitty villains and snap shove vs flop bet against loose crazy types. When I think it is closer to 50/50 is where I'll start agonising over it I guess, probably making a tight fold if I'm unsure. The flush draw would probably weigh heavily on my mind too.

Not a fun spot. Interested in how some of the more experienced and capable players than I think for sure :)

Might be worth saying we don't need to be playing in tight and nasty spots vs decent players. When in doubt lay it down and move to an easier spot, softer table or fishier villain. A reminder I definitely need now and then myself.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don`t think TT is good enough against 4bet, if villain not maniac

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: readless flat vs open, 3betting is ok-ish.

Weird 2.5x 4bet sizing: could mean premiums only.

As played (3bet), I tank-fold vs 4bet. Fast-fold nl2 4bet ranges are generally too tight, and no need to play hit-or-miss postflop.

F: as played, easy check/fold. Almost never do anything else in this spot.

Only better hands call vs check/jam. Only worse hands fold vs check/jam.

Check/call has too big reverse implied odds.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would just fold to that 4-bet. For most people their 4-betting range is KK+, or if they are 4-betting wide its JJ+, AK, and even against the wider range what are you really hoping for with TT other than to flop a set? Or that he have exactly AK, that you see a flop with no overcards, and that he dont put you to the test for all your chips? There is just no upside in continuing here with TT but lots of downside.

Flop
I dont think, most people are betting AK with no diamond, just because they have a wheel draw, and you dont even have a diamond yourself, so I would still just fold.

Full Flush Poker Folding in Poker