$2 NLHE 6-max: River plan bet/fold with a set – deep

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Noticed this hand beause of the number of replies and surprised as it doesn't seem that difficult a spot.
I think the lack of a 3bet hurt you here as you aren't able to narrow his range and lack information as a result. When you are deep like this with a strong hand I'm usually trying to get quite a bit in preflop to help exaggerate the size of their mistakes post flop and try to play for stacks, it's difficult to do this just flatting.
He could be really wide here, normal cut off opening range in this spot going to be 20%-30% of all hands most of the time.
Considering the amount of draws he could have here I'm making the flop raise at least 20bb (big hand big pot) he is going to chase his draws here because of the implied odds from the stack depth so really charge him. By the river we are only beaten by AA AQ AJ.
I don't think AJ calls a flop check raise unless its specifically AdJx, there are only 2 combo's of AQ and 1 of AA. There are endless combos of Ax KT JJ 33 that we beat that will call it off here.
I am always getting this all in at 2nl no matter what he does.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@Fig yes 'endless combos to call it off' , not so many to shove. Everyone seem to do that Freudian slip. Does not make me confident you know.

I was wondering if flop sizing was good. We need to size river shove, even if that would mean betting a bit more than standard?

Last edited:
Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not going to type out every single Ax. You know what they are. Nitpicker.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To answer your original question I support all the other informed voices in this thread. I'm not folding if my river bet gets raised.

Folding in Poker