$2 NLHE 6-max: how should I play set in this board?

S

serna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.weaktight.com/h/5cf65a9dd3904332508b474f Hello! I was wondering which approach should we take towards montana boards when we hit a set( bottom or second set assuming we dont have the preflop betting lead) ? 1- to go for a check-raise, 2- to check-call 3- to check-raise. Although there are some merits in each option, perhaps in multiway pot taking the lead is much better cause we can set the price and get value from first, second. third, nutflushdraws which we check behind but are willing to call even a pot-sized bet . On this spot, I decided to take a lead once the villain check raises I should go all-in because of both STR and his range , consisting of two pairs ,KAh, KQh. which will most probably pay us off.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The call pre is questionable the rest it ok i think.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lead on flop is default but smaller size. against reg i would fold. against fish moving chips in the middle. you have outs for FH

S

serna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The call pre is questionable the rest it ok i think.
thanks for feedback.I think I get the right implied odds to call preflop every time I have pair I multiplication the bet to 15 to see If I have enough implied odds to setmining or not
for example in this example I need to call 0.05 and If I think I can win 0.05*15=0.75
then it means I get the right odds to setmining and in this example I have more than
2 dollar behind so I get the right odds to setmining right?

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey

In a cash fame like that, you will get called even if you raised 0.10 -0.15 $ preflop.

After flop you go all in than maybe you get players to fold, but with small bets there will be fishers wanting to buy a card.

In this case having flopped a flush it could have been that the villian has an Ah or Qh wanting a H to make a flush.

But since its an all in shove its hard to fold a flopped set.

You cant run nor can you hide.
Good luck:)

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for feedback.I think I get the right implied odds to call preflop every time I have pair I multiplication the bet to 15 to see If I have enough implied odds to setmining or not
for example in this example I need to call 0.05 and If I think I can win 0.05*15=0.75
then it means I get the right odds to setmining and in this example I have more than
2 dollar behind so I get the right odds to setmining right?

There are other considerations besides your implied odds.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im thinking about Folding pre. Flop lead for smaller size (Somewhere beatwean 50-100%) I choose 75% .