$2 NLHE 6-max: Flopped Ace, best line here?

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.87 (94 bb)
CO: $0.77 (39 bb)
BU: $1.81 (91 bb)
SB (Hero): $3.23 (162 bb)
BB: $2.10 (105 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with A T
2 players fold, BTN calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.26) 3 A 4 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.08, BTN calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.42) 5 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.12, BTN calls $0.12

River: ($0.66) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32

What is Villains Limp/Calling range here?

I thought villain could have all suited connectors, weak pocket pairs and some of the decent broadways like JTs,QTs,KTs, maybe some of the weak offsuit broadways aswell..
it seems like you never know at these stakes but I guess we have to try and give them a range right?

On the flop we bet small, I think I could have sized up a bit maybe 2/3 pot since I'm giving villains flushdraws great odds in position, giving good odds to a hand like 65s aswell.

I can get value from all villains weaker PP/FD's . Do you think some broadways like QTs,KTs,KJs without spades would call the flop bet one time here?

The turn improves 55, 65 and 54. I think we should size up again to get value from FD's and some pairs like 99,88,77,66 , do you agree?

What is the likely-hood villain calls turn with an ace?

On the river I decide to check because some of the pairs in villain had on the flop that we were trying to extract value from have now become sets notably 55,88. Villains river range could be broken FD's, possibly 76s, sets and do we think he has Ax here?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In theory when you go 6x from SB vs BTN your range has some AX. Also pockets like JJ +. This means that rank V is unlikely to have broadway combinations like QJ; KJ. Literally your range of aggression preflop blocks equity for those hands, so only those that are suitable should continue. Like QKs. However on the flops that are not favored, they will have a high fold equity to your cbet. Since you have a Ts, you have a relevant blocker that reduces spade combinations that are broadways. So it is understood that a small size can fold all dominated hands in range V and win the pot here.
However, BTN is a preflop limp player. his range is wide, but it has been reduced after your raise preflop. So betting 1/3 on the flop is not the best bet on the micros. Since you have a medium kicker, you are ahead of fewer hands. Since V could now defend all the aces stronger than stronger than yours.
When you bet a bigger size on the flop for example 60% of pot, your opponent might think that you want to knock him out now representing a very strong value, but the reality is that you have your range a bit capped and could represent more flush draw combos with your T of spades. In that case the V could look to catch your bluffs with hands like 88+ and if he is actually more passive you will get more folds now, which would be very nice in a scenario like this.
Betting more on the flop will allow you to assimilate the V range. When it is wider you will get the maximum EV while if it is tighter postflop, you can reduce the aggression in the next fairways.
The turn and river are more favorable to rank V. So if you bet little on each street you should fold a high frequency on the river. Since your range has very dominated values ​​and your opponent will bet on the river with better aces, sets and flush draw completed.
Greetings.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a pretty terrible run out for 1 pair.

I would definitely bet bigger on the flop, though. If he calls that, then his range is narrower and you can safely assume that he has actually connected with the flop well.

If that is the case, shutting down to control pot size is not a bad play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I like isolating here, and I also like going very large out of position. You are way ahead of a fishy BTN limping range, and you want to charge him to see a flop with position on you.

Flop
"Downbetting" the flop kind of goes against the exploitative line, you were taking preflop. Reserve this betsize for much higher stakes and tournaments, and bet at least 15c here for value. If he has a hand like JT of hearts, that missed completely, he is going to fold anyway, and if he connected, its not like, it makes any difference to him, if you bet 8c or 15c.

Turn
Not the best card, since it puts out a 1-liner to a straight. However if he is good enough to think about your range, it should not be to scary to him, since you probably dont make this 6x preflop raise with a 2 in your hand. As for how likely it is, he has a 2, that depends on his stats. If he was playing 91/11, then he can absolutely have a 2 here, but if he was playing 25/4, then its much less likely. Maybe a 25/4 still limp-call A2, but thats pretty much it, and you also lose to all the other wheel aces, since they made two pair. Overall I probably check here, but I dont hate a small bet either. There are two flushdraws out there, so there are at least some worse hands, you can get value from, other than specifically A6-A9.

River
I think, you have run out of value now, so I agree with checking, and its kind of close as to, weather I even call this half pot bet from him. I dont think, most people are betting for value with A9 or worse, so you have a bluff catcher, and then it comes down to, how often a passive limper like this is bluffing the river. His main bluffing hand should be busted spades, so its bad, that you hold Ts, because then he can not have hands like KT, QT, JT, T9 of spades, which are 4 of the most obvious bluffing combos. So maybe call those AT, that dont have Ts, but fold this particular combo, because it block his bluffs.

M

mktpppr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
P: iso to 4x, 6x too big.

F: cbet bigger to 67-75% pot, you're accomplishing nothing with that sizing: you're missing value or not getting a fold if you're bluffing.

T: just check and give up unimproved, if you fire again it must be a big bet like 75-100% pot.

R: as played, check/fold. Too many hands beat us and we're playing a guessing game. Usual limp/calling range is Ax, any reasonable suited cards, small to mid pocket pairs & broadway.