$2 NLHE 6-max: AQs, flopped set of aces vs 2 all-ins.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding is also not really wrong. Just a bad idea in the long haul. It would suggest that one is playing a bit too protectively. A bit too scared. And that's both exploitable and -EV.

You are really contradicting yourself. If it isn't wrong then it is right and it's a good idea in the long haul. If it's a bad idea in the long haul then it is wrong by definition.

As for the last part...meh, I can see 2NL regs conspiring to exploit people that fold too much :cool: insert coolstorybro.jpg

Even against 2x nitty ranges here we are pretty even. Given the huge pot ($1.46 into $3.50) I don't think it is very wise to be folding here at all...

Board: Ah Ac Js
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 35.203% 25.69% 09.52% 72366 26814.00 { AsQs }
Hand 1: 32.398% 27.63% 04.76% 77856 13422.00 { JJ+, ATs+, AJo+ }
Hand 2: 32.398% 27.63% 04.76% 77856 13422.00 { JJ+, ATs+, AJo+ }

Maybe you're right, but don't we need to account for card removal as well, I mean given that range what are the odds of both having a hand we beat/are tied to. Or has stove already done that?

In any case, given OP's reads it's far from a snap-call. Always trust your reads more than what a bunch of guys tell you in a forum OP, and that includes me :)

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a little hard to see but we win just 25.69% and tie 9.52% against these ranges. You're right in saying that it is not a snap call against two nits but I think we can definitely justify a call in this situation.

Btw. Adjusting just one of these ranges a bit makes this a snap call fistpump...

Board: Ah Ac Js
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 48.651% 39.23% 09.43% 277345 66643.00 { AsQs }
Hand 1: 33.763% 27.69% 06.07% 195782 42937.00 { JJ+, ATs+, AJo+ }
Hand 2: 17.586% 14.23% 03.36% 100606 23736.00 { TT+, A7s+, KJs, A8o+, KJo }

seanDCFC

seanDCFC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In any case, given OP's reads it's far from a snap-call. Always trust your reads more than what a bunch of guys tell you in a forum OP, and that includes me :)

Very good advice. If I had trusted my reads on this occasion I would have saved myself some money. Although i'm sure that in future I will still find it very difficult to fold in the sorts of situations even if I think I am beaten, but as already been discussed calling is fine in the long run. Thanks for all the replys. :D

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
damn long thread, i guess he should have shipped the nickels.

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good advice. If I had trusted my reads on this occasion I would have saved myself some money.

The bad thing about reads is that they can be right and lead to bad play on your part at the same time. Put another way, a good read does not always lead to good play.

Your villains here could easily have been card dead for an hour, hit the A with A2s, thought they had the nuts, and lead you to read "intense strength", when, in fact, you had the best hand.

I remember folding trips once to a read I had of intense strength that I was just 100% sure was right. Actually, it was a situation similar to this hand. Two villains after the flop, we're all quite deep, villain 2 bets, I raise, villain 1 reraises, villain 2 4-bets when it gets back to him, I tank and finally fold only to be shown trips with a worse kicker and two top when all the money got in.

That was the day I stopped folding trips ;)

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Caution here seems like madness to me at micros :eek: it was unlucky but at those stakes hero folds aren't really worth it without good reads on people.

is KQ a big fold pf lol ?

V

vasysm

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in certain situations it may be (UTG, end of session, wild table...). you just can't chalk it all up to odds. I've heard of AA folded preflop when there were like 3 all-ins in front of it, or seen Vanessa Selbst folding AK after a looooong thought and proved right (the other two were holding AK and KK).

W

watchtowel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In cash games never fold AA pf. If the whole table is all in you are still ahead. The only time AA should be folded is if you need to beat the bubble and you don't want to risk a suckout...

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Caution here seems like madness to me at micros :eek: it was unlucky but at those stakes hero folds aren't really worth it without good reads on people.?

Did you read the thread? Hero had reads on villains. Almost good enough to make this situation a fold. And just because this is micros doesn't mean there are no nits.