$2 NLHE 6-max: Was my AA played right?

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He didn't just donk. He made a pot-sized donk. He's not doing that with a made hand all that often. More likely he has a weak pair and/or a draw. Pocket 3s or something like 43 or 53. Or even 66-99 that fears the straight and that would rather see you fold immediately. We're so far ahead of his range, that our shove is for value against someone who'll likely call anyway.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wasn’t aiming for a set, I was aiming for a flop that is favorable. Just cause you can’t un fall in love with a single pair doesn’t make it bad advice telling people that folding a single pair on a horrible board is wrong. I haven’t changed my tune, I asked before to see the math. I am telling you it’s marginal dependiong on ho wyou tweak V ranges, some hands you have to tweak it really unrealistaclly to make it a bad move or a good move.

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wasn’t aiming for a set, I was aiming for a flop that is favorable. Just cause you can’t un fall in love with a single pair doesn’t make it bad advice telling people that folding a single pair on a horrible board is wrong. I haven’t changed my tune, I asked before to see the math. I am telling you it’s marginal dependiong on ho wyou tweak V ranges, some hands you have to tweak it really unrealistaclly to make it a bad move or a good move.

You could make that argument with every single hand. Can tweak their range to only the nuts and then suddenly you have no equity. Luckily, this isn't a hand you have to unrealistically tweak. Go play 888 2nl and tell me I'm wrong.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The player was unkown at the time, we can’t know what his range is. That means you can tweak his ranges arbitrarily to make it more or less favorable. There are some hands that are so good or so bad that we just can’t tweak it like that to make it either foavorable or not favorable.

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The player was unkown at the time, we can’t know what his range is. That means you can tweak his ranges arbitrarily to make it more or less favorable. There are some hands that are so good or so bad that we just can’t tweak it like that to make it either foavorable or not favorable.

Such an irrelevant point. Folding to the donk is terrible and I hope he ignores this advice. Done.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why I sit so hard to understand that one pair is not a good hand!? I am in an alternate universe!

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is villains range vs AA (Can't believe I have to show the math on such a simple hand)

22+,A3s-A5s,76s,65s,54s,A3o-A5o,76o,65o,54o 32.58%

AA 67.42%

About as good as you can hope to get it in.

Last edited:
fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where is the popcorn .gif.

Pokergambler11

Pokergambler11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must say this thread amused me

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, been waiting to see that. Against 22 78% V win, against 33 24% V win (open ended), 44 78% V win, 55 78% V win, 66 25% V win (gut shot), 77 + is out because those are betting hands, again, that is where tweaking ranges starts coming into play and it’s even more shady because we have no info on V. A3s 85% V win, 67s 36% V win (open ended), 65s 36% V win (gut shot), 54s 63% V win…then the off suit combos. Without any info here except for the known fact that more often than not V has it when they bet and bluff less than most think we can start to either take away or add the gut shots and open enders and also add in over pairs he may not have been smart enough to open bet with. Seeing this, and not knowing anything about the player it is marginal that we have + or – EV. It just is!!! Why can’t you see that??? After this hand I pop it on him all day long, but before we know anything about him it’s marginal. The limp and then pot donk can been read two different ways, it can be read as wow, this guy is an idiot, or it can be read as he limped in because he had a hand in the range you gave, minus I think 77+ hands, and he is betting the pot because he hit it. We just don’t know because we have no info on him. I just read an article that over betting the pot is actually a thing now. His action can be read as he is either dumb or he is thinking, and until we have info I recommend playing with cation and respecting the bet. That is just me, doesn’t make me a troll out here to cause a ruckus, just to stir it up and rock the boat. Either way, thank you for showing me the range and the math, I admittedly need to work on that side. I am working my bankroll up to cover the monthly flopzilla subscription right now. I believe me I understand that AA aren’t to be mucked willy nilly, I completely see you guys point of view, I am just trying to dig and see all angles. I hate that it turned into me being called a troll. It makes me want to stop posting, but my game is actually improving from these exchanges. I am just trying to learn the game well.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be willing to play by the way. I am on Betonline.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would suggest, if you want people to read your posts, to not do a WOT (Wall Of Text)

Paragraphs make it easy to read. Wading through that wall is not pleasant. Many, like me, will not be inclined to read.

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are 7's+ betting hands? You mean betting Preflop?

If you had comment had been written in that way in the first place, I don't think you'd have gotten any flak.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, bet pre with them. I am surprised to find out he limped in with 8's. I bet those in EP all day long. Like Hero said he got his money back after learning that V was as matter a fact an idiot after all.

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, bet pre with them. I am surprised to find out he limped in with 8's. I bet those in EP all day long. Like Hero said he got his money back after learning that V was as matter a fact an idiot after all.

Villain 3 who shoves is in the sb facing heroes raise. The shove is still idiotic but 888 is really soft. Gotten slightly less so, but 2nl is still more fish than regs.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest, if you want people to read your posts, to not do a WOT (Wall Of Text)

Paragraphs make it easy to read. Wading through that wall is not pleasant. Many, like me, will not be inclined to read.

Yeah I'm not reading that lol

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HAHAHAHA!!! This whole time I thought the open limper was the V!!! That could change things!! Face palm.

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd make a point about comprehension, but yaknow...