$2 NLHE 6-max: Was my AA played right?

Pokergambler11

Pokergambler11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I call the shove and he showed 88. He than hit an 8 on the turn and I lost. One thing I got from this was very good reads on him. He bets pot on weakish hands. I played another hour with him and used them reads against him to take all my money back hahah. And I don't want to deposit any money to move to 5nl with 100bb. I'm trying to make money from a $2 bonus 888 gives you.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I call the shove and he showed 88. He than hit an 8 on the turn and I lost. One thing I got from this was very good reads on him. He bets pot on weakish hands. I played another hour with him and used them reads against him to take all my money back hahah. And I don't want to deposit any money to move to 5nl with 100bb. I'm trying to make money from a $2 bonus 888 gives you.

I hope you took some more on top too.

You got it in ahead, and even better, you got some very valuable information.

Good call.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The nuts refers to the best possible hand including the community cards. No such thing as a nut pair!!! Seriously!!!

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Share us your magical math that a dopey single pair is +EV on this wet board.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The nuts refers to the best possible hand including the community cards. No such thing as a nut pair!!! Seriously!!!

Ever heard "nut straight" or "nut flush"?
There's THE nuts. Then there's the nuts of a certain type of hand.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Share us your magical math that a dopey single pair is +EV on this wet board.

Here is more evidence that donk bets are weak, and you advocate folding. You think all of us are crazy....

Your advice is sometimes so horrific, it's not even worth the time to try and convince you otherwise. I know you are stubborn and set in your ways.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I have heard of nut flushes and straights, they are called nut flush because there is no pair on the board to make a quad or fullhouse so you know you have the best hand. Nut straight is no pair on board and no flush possible. YOU CAN"T HAVE A NUT PAIR!!!

A pair is crap in cash games!!! You are crazy!!!

I take that back, a pair is crap on that board...well it's still crap on a dry board too, just less crappy.

Last edited by a moderator:
mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I have heard of nut flushes and straights, they are called nut flush because there is no pair on the board to make a quad or fullhouse so you know you have the best hand. Nut straight is no pair on board and no flush possible. YOU CAN"T HAVE A NUT PAIR!!!

No

Holding the nut straight does not necessarily mean a player holds the nuts
http://poker.wikia.com/wiki/Nut_straight

More colorful characters have been known to refer to "nut no pair" to mean the best possible hand that has no pair
http://poker.wikia.com/wiki/Nut -everything you'd ever want to know about the term "nut"

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
READ YOU'RE OWN ARTICLE IT SAYS WHAT I JUST SAID!!! SERIOUSLY!!!

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
READ YOU'RE OWN ARTICLE IT SAYS WHAT I JUST SAID!!! SERIOUSLY!!!
No, one article said what WE said, and the other just claims that people are divided about what it means.
The nut flush on a paired board is imo still the nut flush, just not THE nuts, savvy? Hence, there is such a thing as a nut pair. Which is AA.

Oh, and STOP SHOUTING!!!

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually both articles say the same thing. The second one makes no mention of opposition to the term "nut no pair" just says that its *usually used to describe nut flushes and nut straights

The second article defines "nut" as an adjective used to describe a hand as the best possible hand of that hand type.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your opinion don't mean much at this point.

Cherubael

Cherubael

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise a little bigger preflop. Standard is 3bb + 1bb per limper. That would be 4bb instead of 3bb here.

On the flop, just shove. You've pot-committed yourself to calling his shove anyway.

Yeah +1 for this too.

At least I am right.

I can't tell if you're a troll or if you just don't know how to play poker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saying clearly not, he had 88 is results orientated. I am sorry, but knowing that a pair is in trouble and to proceed with caution on that board and having the discipline to not freak out cause I got A’s in my pocket does not make me a poor poker player!

jre1106

jre1106

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough situation but in this spot I say you fold. If a micro player beta big they usually have a made hand and when playing these stakes you don't want to coin flip best to wait until you have the goods because he will most likely continue to play back at you and will give you his stack in a future hand

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don’t want to fold after betting half your stack, we’re pot committed.

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don’t want to fold after betting half your stack, we’re pot committed.

Did you just agree with every other poster you're calling an idiot? I think you just did.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was waiting for you to say that. I never advocated for re-raising $.60 on the flop. This is the first post I am referring to as played. As played we need to put in the rest of our chips. All you yahoos are telling him he should have re-raised all in in the first place. I am beyond against that on this flop and that is what I have been saying the whole time. But I understand now that reading and comprehension is not your strong suite.

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your opinion don't mean much at this point.

Doesn't*

I would rather error on the side of playing correct and missing a big pot and slowly grinding up, instead of error on the side of playing incorrect and getting a big pot and quickly gaining a lot of chips.

Da**** is error? Err*

Nut pair? Now your making up words!

You're*

What's your play instead of jamming then? Folding to the donk bet?

My reading and comprehension do me fine, it's your articulation. I would like to brag, but this is a poker forum.

But I understand now that reading and comprehension is not your strong suite.

There's more wrong with this, but 'suit'*

Seems as though grammar and insults aren't yours. If you'd like me to spell check your messages before you post, inbox me.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will ignore your little weird lesson. It’s a crappy laydown, but yeah, I would reluctantly fold it. But like I said before, I want to see the math. I don’t know what is and what isn’t correct here. I have a feeling it’s marginal. I feel like we can monkey with V range until we justify it one way or the other. The key here is we don’t have any info on the V. Until I have info I have to error on the side of respecting the bet. I am not on the, “OOOOoooh donk bet! Must be holding garbage!!! What a donkey!!!”, wagon. I am on the grind my way up into a big stack and move up the ladder train. I feel that a single pair is weak, just cause we are 50BB doesn’t change that fact. Just cause my grammar sucks doesn’t change it either.

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will ignore your little weird lesson. It’s a crappy laydown, but yeah, I would reluctantly fold it. But like I said before, I want to see the math. I don’t know what is and what isn’t correct here. I have a feeling it’s marginal. I feel like we can monkey with V range until we justify it one way or the other. The key here is we don’t have any info on the V. Until I have info I have to error on the side of respecting the bet. I am not on the, “OOOOoooh donk bet! Must be holding garbage!!! What a donkey!!!”, wagon. I am on the grind my way up into a big stack and move up the ladder train. I feel that a single pair is weak, just cause we are 50BB doesn’t change that fact. Just cause my grammar sucks doesn’t change it either.

Weird little lesson? You're taking digs at my comprehension of your plain wrong advice. We're ahead of his range here. I don't get why you're giving 2nl players (it's 888...) such respect? Folding pocket aces to a donk bet because you haven't hit trips is TERRIBLE advice. Majority of this player pool will do this with much worse than aces.

Funny how you're slowly changing your tune from an arrogant 'don't listen to these idiots' to a feeble 'it's marginal'.