F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Opening any pair from any position is fine in 6-max.

Flop
When two players have called, I like checking back and try to turn a set. If I dont, the plan is basically to give up to any aggression.

Turn
Yet another overcard, a small bet and a call. Its very unlikely, your hand is good, and you are not getting odds to try and hit a 2-outer. Easy fold.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I'm in agreement with fundiver here. As played, you played it fine. It's three to the flop after a pre-flop raise, and you probably have the best hand on this type of board less than 10% of the time. Because you're playing Zoom and against players you likely don't have much information on, set mining was fine. You didn't hit, so live to play another hand.

The more interesting question would be, how would you play your hand if you swap out the 5h for a 4, and now you have a set. There are backdoor draws here, so you now have to think about how you want to extract money from your opponents, because there are a lot of turn cards that you're not going to love, so what is your plan here in this scenario?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had been against only 1 player on the flop, I think a cbet would have been good. Vs 2 players, checking behind is good, and I like your fold on the turn.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ill disagree slightly with the above posts. I think overwhelmingly they are correct that you should be checking back this flop. However, if you have a HUD and see both players are folding to C bets at a rate of more than 60% each then I think it is perfectly fine to take a stab at it. I would default put the villains on pocket pairs or Ax so if they are not floating type of players you might be able to get one through here. I will restate though that this is one specific scenario and mostly you should be checking back here or if you have no info on the opponents you should be checking back here.