BU (Hero): $2.69 (135 bb)
SB: $0.79 (40 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with 7 7
1 fold, MP raises to $0.06, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.20) 5 5 5 (3 players)
SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.06, SB calls $0.06, MP calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.38) T (3 players)
SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.19, SB folds, MP raises to $0.38, Hero calls $0.19

River: ($1.14) K (2 players)
MP bets $1.74, BU (Hero) folds

both players check flop and I decide to bet to protect our equity. I didn't want good overcard's to see a free turn.
I bet small and both players call.

When both players call I am thinking their ranges are PP's themselves, random 5x and over-cards. On the turn both players check again...I try ro represent the Tx and get PP's like 99 and worse to fold as well as a stubborn Ax.
I am beating A-high for now but losing to 99,88 and felt I needed to protect versus overcard on the river.

On the turn villain check-raises us. we are losing to all of his value range but I was wondering if he can be doing this as spew . His stats were VPIP 38/ PFR 19/ AF 3. correct play is probrably to fold turn but I got a bit curious and was getting great odds to see a river.

River is a K and villain leads for huge overbet on the river. How often does the K hit his range ?

summary:

- I bet flop to deny equity to over-cards
- I think Villain's turn, check-raising range could be premium PP's, ATs,KTs,QTs,JTs, TT and 5x, most likely A5s,65s.
- Villain's aggression factor is 3 and he has a high VPIP, what do you think when taking these stats into account?
- On the river when villain over-bets do we think he is ever turning a Tx into a bluff since his aggression factor is high or is he likely pure value or nothing, but leading towards heavy value in this spot?

( I feel I may have over-played the hand and should have perhaps checked flop and looked to see a showdown with a decent hand here)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
At these stakes players just don't bluff enough. You may be playing against a weaker pair but so many other possible holdings are better than you here, including KTs or AK that's being represented by your villain (and even A5s trying to disguise itself). You can't tell if he is spewing or not unless you have previous experience playing against him, but this doesn't look like a bluff at all.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I am either calling or 3-betting here. Never folding.

Flop
When MP gives up his betting lead, I think, you are very likely to have the best hand. Sure once in while someone with have the last 5, or BB will have 88-TT, but mostly you should be ahead here. At the same time your hand is extremely vulnerable, since between them they can have as many as 12 outs to spike a higher pair. So I want to bet here mainly for protection, and I actually want them to fold overcards, or at least to get one of them to fold.

So I dont like this very small sizing. Yes in theory you get value from hands like AT, when they call, but you make the rest of the hand very difficult to play. You put yourself into a reverse implied odds situation, where you are mostly going to lose money on future betting rounds. Bet 10-12c here and get them to fold those random overcards.

Turn
Now there is already an overcard to your pair, so your hand got worse, yet now you size up. This makes no sense. You say, you want them to fold hands like 88-99, but this is a really small part of their range, and people also hate folding full houses. So you dont have a bluffing hand. You have a showdown value type hand, which now you probably need to check, when both opponents are still in the hand.

You do bet though and get min-raised. He is giving you a great price, but this is almost never a bluff. Either he slowplayed quads or pocket aces, or he hit the T, because you priced him in to do so. Unless he is on a stone bluff, the best case scenario is, you have 2 outs to improve. So even getting these great odds I think, your best play is to fold and not pay him off.

River
As played definitely folding now.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree in the large part with Fundiver. Bet on the flop is too small. One of our opponents usually will have two over cards, so he usually has 6 outs that means about 24% to hit better full house. If they want see next card, they should pay more. If they see this small bet on the flop, they can read it as a your weakness. So I prefer bet about over 60% of the pot. On the turn we should continue betting. As played on the turn – I prefer playing more on the turn, to show a strong. We got a raise on the turn, so against his aggression, we should fold on the turn, because miniraise on the turn sometimes means a strong. Our pocket 77 is a little too weak with one over card on the board. So sometimes I give up our hand on the turn. GL :)

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your flop bet is OK.

Use your position to check back the turn.

I would then call a reasonable river bet. The King is a bad card for you, but by keeping the pot small, you allow yourself to get to showdown.

Position allows you to win more when you're ahead, and lose less when you're behind.