BU: $2.93 (147 bb)
SB: $3.23 (162 bb)
BB: $2.82 (141 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with 2 2
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 players fold, SB calls $0.05, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.14) Q 5 2 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.09, SB calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.32) 9 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.21, SB raises to $0.42, Hero raises to $1.85 (all-in), SB calls $1.43

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Call the turn and re-evaluate the river. Villain is saying he has a flush, so your raise over it is pretty bad.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like how you played the hand in general. If you bet big sizes on all the streets you are hoping to knock out your opponent as quickly as possible. So when villain raises on the river, you can push with the top of your range. Since the SB is unlikely to have a set of queens. As for getting extra value with flush draws, it is irrelevant. Because you represent the best scales in your range. You're only behind 55 than the villain, will he ever play slow. While like the pocket of queens, the pocket of 9s involves 3-bet preflop from SB. If we play at a regular cash table, it is better to call the turn and look the river.
Greetings.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea the min click turn raise wants action. If they aren't there yet then they are willing to put more in. I like a flat and eval river. We'll both have 57 cents in if we flat turn and even if he pots river we limit our losses when he has the flush and we maximize our profits when he's value owning himself with 2 pair or a pair+draw that missed or worse.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I think that playing allin on the flop is a little bad move. I agree with guys who think that opponents represents a flush on the turn. Players from the small blind usually call pre flop better hands than players from the BB. Small blind usually has more tight range, so we should respect his range. I always call pre flop with Ax suited and suited broadway cards, so I see here a flush. So for me better playing pot control and see the river card, we still have about 10 outs to win on the river. GL :)

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can only play like this with a flush or a high set. The bluff here is just ridiculous.
Which hand on the turn would you play by check - re-raise and then call all-in.
Сall all-in on the turn without a flush is just stupid.
Although in recent years, inadequate players began to appear on 2 NL, who have read a lot of different recommendations on how to bluff more often at this limit, which is not entirely true.
Your desire to clarify the situation is quite logical, since the stakes here are small. For such cases, you should always have 2-3 buy-ins.

D

dvkay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we're gonna analyse the turn reraise all-in, let's see what range villain would raise turn with. There's flushes, sets of 55 or 99 (no QQ, or he would've 3bet preflop), perhaps some combo draw semi-bluffs like As4h, and the occasional airball bluff. Q9 may also be in there, though raising two pair on the turn on a 3flush board seems iffy to me.

Of those hands, we beat I think roughly half in terms of combos, so we should be in a showdown value mindset. Reraising all-in would fold out most worse hands, and most better hands would instacall... for these reasons I think the reraise is not the right move, calling would be best.

Do we have any reads that may affect the analysis?

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[B said:
Pre-Flop:[/B] ($0.03) Hero is MP with 2 2
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 players fold, SB calls $0.05, 1 fold
Could raise a little more, but OK.
[B said:
Flop:[/B] ($0.14) Q 5 2 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.09, SB calls $0.09
Standard
[B said:
Turn:[/B] ($0.32) 9 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.21, SB raises to $0.42, Hero raises to $1.85 (all-in), SB calls $1.43
Looks very much like flush, a flush draw to a high card, a bluff, QQ, Q9, QQ, 55, 99, AA, KK, and other pairs like JJ or TT, 99. The big pairs are unlike to have called preflop and then not raised the flop and can be discounted. As I see it Hero is losing to the flush and ahead of the rest. If Villain has the flush, it is unlike she will ever fold, especially in a zoom game, If she does, then Hero has only 4 outs. the trip 2s, are now a bluff catcher.

Once Hero calls the re-raise there is $1.16 in the pot and Hero has $1.43 behind. A 2/3s pot re-raises is half Hero's remaining stack which commits Hero to a call on the river, which Hero will have to call on the river. How does the hand look to Villain?

After Hero's shove there is $3.01 in the pot and Villain needs to call $1.43, Villain is unlikely to call without a flush.and as dvkay pointed out, fold anything Hero is ahead of, so why shove? I think Hero should call and then call a reasonable river.

Last edited: