2nji

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NL Holdem 0.02(BB)
HJ ($4.48) [VPIP: 45% | PFR: 39% | AGG: 42.4% | hands: 108]
CO ($2) [VPIP: 42.2% | PFR: 20% | AGG: 20.3% | Hands: 91]
HERO ($2.05) [VPIP: 24.1% | PFR: 18.2% | AGG: 31.8% | Flop Agg: 30.4% | Turn Agg: 31.6% | River Agg: 34.8% | 3-Bet: 4.3% | 4-Bet: 1.6% | Hands: 6219]
SB ($2.02) [VPIP: 45% | PFR: 10% | AGG: 42.4% | Hands: 41]
BB ($2) [VPIP: 36.8% | PFR: 26.3% | AGG: 26.7% | Flop Agg: 11.1% | Turn Agg: 31.6% | River Agg: 50% | 3-Bet: 13.8% | 4-Bet: 25% | Cold Call: 27.3% | Hands: 98]

Dealt to Hero: Ad Qd

HJ Folds, CO Folds, HERO Raises To $0.05, SB Folds, BB Calls $0.03

Hero SPR on Flop: [17.73 effective]
Flop ($0.11): Ah Qc 2d
BB Checks, HERO Checks

Turn ($0.11): Ah Qc 2d 3h
BB Checks, HERO Bets $0.05 (Rem. Stack: $1.95), BB Calls $0.05 (Rem. Stack: $1.90)

River ($0.21): Ah Qc 2d 3h 2c
BB Checks, HERO Bets $0.13 (Rem. Stack: $1.82), BB Raises To $0.52 (Rem. Stack: $1.38), HERO?

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dealt to Hero: Ad Qd

HJ Folds, CO Folds, HERO Raises To $0.05, SB Folds, BB Calls $0.03

Hero SPR on Flop: [17.73 effective]

Flop ($0.11): Ah Qc 2d

BB Checks, HERO Checks

Why did you check? Yes I see you flopped top 2 and maybe think you have to slow play, but do you? Unless you've got some great read on him, it's almost never correct to slow play, especially at these limits where your likely to get called by any pair or draw. It's rare when I don't get at least 2 streets of value out of top pair top or good kicker.

Turn ($0.11): Ah Qc 2d 3h

BB Checks, HERO Bets $0.05 (Rem. Stack: $1.95), BB Calls $0.05 (Rem. Stack: $1.90)

Way too small! Yes it's almost 1/2 pot but this ain't High Stakes Poker and it wasn't even an increase over your preflop bet. You caught something, reel it in! By betting so small you made one of two mistakes. Either you didn't get value from a weak ace or you gave good odds for a draw, or both! A4 or A5 is going to send you a Christmas card.

River ($0.21): Ah Qc 2d 3h 2c

BB Checks, HERO Bets $0.13 (Rem. Stack: $1.82), BB Raises To $0.52 (Rem. Stack: $1.38), HERO?

There you go. You opened yourself up to that. This is super polarazed. Raising makes no sense. IDK, at . 01/.02 I guess I hold my nose and call.

2nji

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah in hindsight trying to slowplay was a bad idea thanks for pointing it out,
seems all the other errors came from that decision.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop I would recommend raising full 3x in cash. It is only a penny difference so it does not seem like a big deal but a bigger pre flop raise leads to potential larger bets on subsequent streets which leads to potentially more value.

On the flop I dont get the check. I get that we monopolize the board to an extent but at the same time we can bet something small. If villain has nothing we probably arent getting any value at any point in this hand so I like a small bet here, maybe something like 4 or 5 cents where villain could perceive that we had a strong hand pre flop but we didnt like the ace but want to maintain control in the hand. Checking is not awful but I would not recommend it here and would go for some small value.

On the turn you bet small which is fine given the flop action. At this point what I wrote on the flop pertains to the turn as played so I think the bet is fine.

The river comes which pairs the board which is not great but how many 2xs is the villain going to have so on face value I am not too worried about it. As played I would bet however I would not go as large as you did since you are trying to get a crying call here with 2 pair so no need or want to go almost 2/3rds with the bet. When the raise comes it would make me think but the two hands we are scared of are 2x and 45. I am not sure 45 just calls the turn after we make a small bet and there is no money in the pot. I would think they would try for some value there thinking an opposing Ax still might call. Plus there are two hearts out there so that might also deter them from just calling and make villain lean towards a check raise. Also with 45, is villain going to be more or less apt to raise on the river when the board pairs since boats are possible (although unlikely how we played the hand) and could beat them. I discount fairly strongly 45 and it comes down to 2x or a bluff. Again, how many 2x hands does villain call our raise pre with? They are loose 37% but I still dont think it is many. Its really A2 and maybe some K2 or Q2 suited hands. Thats not a bunch so I think, especially given their stats of river aggression, that this is a bluff and you can call. No reason to re-raise as if they have air they arent calling the raise. Just call here and treat it as a bluff catcher even though top 2 pair is a strong bluff catcher.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I tend to agree with 300HPGOD, that opening to just 2,5BB is probably not optimal for 2NL. There are just to many complete beginners at this limit, who love to make bad calls, and the way to punish that is to go larger.

Flop
Its been said already, but dont slowplay! Its not the best situation to get paid, since the board is very dry, and you block both top and second pair. But that does not mean, you get more value by checking. If the opponent is a complete spewfish, maybe. But even then perhaps you could do something creative like betting 20% pot to make him spazz out right now?

Turn
Obviously you need to start building the pot now, and just like preflop I would like to see a slightly larger sizing. You always want to consider, what you can do to rep a bluff, and would you actually bluff for this small sizing? I think, a larger sizing looks more bluffy, and your hand is super underrepped after checking back the flop. It might seem like a small detail, but even putting in 7c rather than 5c sets it up for a larger bet on the river.

River
Clearly betting again, and this time your sizing is better. Getting raised on the river is never fun, unless we have pretty much the nuts. But in this particular situation I think, you have a pretty clear call. Your hand is still underrepped after checking back the flop, the opponent is clearly on the loose and aggressive side, and what is he really representing? That he called you preflop with a 2 in his hand and rivered trips?

Thats obviously possible, but I expect a player like this to do at least some preflop hand selection, so I dont think, he have that many 2X hands. A2 and 32s are some of the more likely candidates, but those were two pair on the turn, so you would likely have heard from them ealier. Which leave like 42s and K2s or something like that? Thats only 4 somewhat reasonable combos for value, so I am calling here and expecting to be good often enough.