MP+1: $1.93 (97 bb)
LP: $4.00 (200 bb)
CO: $3.58 (179 bb)
BU: $4.02 (201 bb)
SB (Hero): $6.92 (346 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop:
($0.03) Hero is SB with T T
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, MP 3-bets to $0.10, 4 players fold, Hero 4-bets to $0.30, BB calls $0.28, 1 fold, MP calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.96) 9 8 7 (3 players)
Hero bets $0.96, BB raises to $1.70 (all-in), MP raises to $2.15 (all-in), Hero calls $1.19

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like a bigger size here, since V2 min 3-bet we should go at least $0.40 (3x + 1x for being OOP).
On this flop we have a key hand. We block JT which are the nuts for this texture. But you have to wonder if with that combination you would have 4-bet preflop. Most likely not. So there are not enough reasons here to represent the best possible hand. In any case, you could look for your opponents to call you with worse hands/draws.
In these cases a 1/2 pot cbet should suffice to represent the best part of your range.
When villains decide to push their entire stack we could be dominated by better hands in this texture. It's not like we're facing a wild bluff, because there are 2 positions being played here. So that greatly decreases the chance of pure bluffs.
I think we can folding of this spot, especially when we don't properly remove the marginals combinations on the Vs ranges that could now beat us. And also taking into account that there are better draws here than ours.
Greetings.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What does MP's min 3 bet represent? Strength or was he doing this alot with all sorts of hands? Depending on the answer to that I think cold 4bet or fold. I probably prefer fold given both players are in early position, but 4bet is fine (size is theoretically reasonable for a cold 4bet but you will get lots of calls, so could size up).

On the flop you get just about the worst flop possible for your cold 4 betting range. It's ok for your hand, but I think checking range would be the better play. (Possibly calling or raising depending on subsequent action).

Its worrying when both player go all in, but your cbet is way too big and so villains would be pot committed anyway, so anything that might call will probably shove instead. I would be more concerned about the overshove of MP than BBs shove but still I think this is a very easy call - there is nearly $6 in the middle so you dont need to be right very often only 17% of the time or so. With an oesd you will have this v every hand except JT, and even against JT you have chop outs. JT is not that likely for Ep opens that call 4bets, so I would expect to see mostly sets and overplayed overpairs, with 30% equity or so.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
TT is a hand, I would often just call against an EP open. The problem with 3-betting it is, we usually mostly get action from better hands or hands, we are flipping with, and if we get 4-bet, we usually cant make a profitable call in a 100 BB cash game (I am mostly a tournament player these days). If there is already a 3-bet against an EP open, then I would normally fold TT.

However here it was only a min 3-bet, which gives you enough room to call and setmine. In my experience a min 3-bet can also be all sorts of silly hands including even a misclick. It has still reopened the betting for UTG+1, but at 2NL I would be willing to take that risk and hope, that a low of the time UTG+1 will just stick the extra 4c to call.

Flop
Quite interesting flop since you flopped an overpair but also an OESD. In a 4-bet pot you have a quite marginal made hand, since its pretty unlikely, someone is in there with hands like A9 or K9, that flopped top pair. So if you make a big bet here, its not really for value, since you are usually either behind or flipping against some kind of big draw, if you get action. And its not a bluff either, since no better hand is ever folding.

So I dont see this pot sized bet doing much on either the value or bluff side of the spectrum. It just fold out the only hands, you are way ahead of, like for instance AK or AQ with no flushdraw. As played you committed yourself to the pot and have to call it off even just to draw to a straight. Unless someone have exactly JT, which you block, and which should not be in there in a 4-bet pot, its not the end of the world, since you are getting decent pot odds to draw 3-ways.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $2.08 (104 bb)
UTG+1: $2.00 (100 bb)
MP: $2.45 (123 bb)
MP+1: $1.93 (97 bb)
LP: $4.00 (200 bb)
CO: $3.58 (179 bb)
BU: $4.02 (201 bb)
SB (Hero): $6.92 (346 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop:
($0.03) Hero is SB with T T
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, MP 3-bets to $0.10, 4 players fold, Hero 4-bets to $0.30, BB calls $0.28, 1 fold, MP calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.96) 9 8 7 (3 players)
Hero bets $0.96, BB raises to $1.70 (all-in), MP raises to $2.15 (all-in), Hero calls $1.19
I think that 4-betting TT here seems a little bit optimistic, ever since most of low stakes players are 3-betting only for value.
Considering MP made a ridiculous 3-bet sizing, I see no problem on doing so. Problems: Big Blind calls in the middle of the way. MP calls: we are going to a 4-bet pot OOP and against two other players. Not so good unless we get some equity.
This flop is very good for our range, but once two players go all-in behind we must be considering they have us beat with JJ+ more than 80% of times.
But considering the odds, we must call this push almost 90% of times for:

a) we must pay $ 1 to win almost $ 6

b) we have and open ended straight draw, which give us more than 30% equity which is more than enough here. We need to be right just 1 out of 3 times, so we are definitely calling down here and letting chips fall as they may.

Conclusion:

As @Station_Master and @fundiver199 have said clearly, we shouldn’t be c-betting this flop, for its very unlikely we are going to get paid for worst hands. Checking would’ve been a better line, but as played, it’s not so terrible, once we’ve got nice odds to be calling push, and we are blocking many of villain bluffs, expect the flush draw.

Thank you for posting

Last edited: