$2 NL HE 6-max: Hero picks up a two pair on the turn and river VS Villian with Full House

B

beazer76

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
KH
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
Hi Cardschat people - I'm Beazer , beginner poker player, playing NL2.

How would you have played this hand?

I made a top Pair on the TURN collecting a ACE.
Then i made two pair with the River Card.

Interested in how you would play this hand and my mistakes?

what would a good player be saying to himself / herself by the time that flop arrives? flop texture?
Also, i didn't think about putting villian on a range ( i didn't think about that while playing - i don't have that as part of my " thought process" yet
Hand reading and board texture and " who has range advantage" still new topics im learning.

Feel free to give feedback. im beginner player , i don't know so much . How would you play this hand? what are my mistakes?

or did i play this hand ok? or did i make a mess of this hand? My post flop play in the past has been very bad to say the least.

thanks from beazer.

NL Holdem 0.02(BB)

CO ($3.89) [VPIP: 33.3% | PFR: 29.2% | AGG: 35.7% | hands: 24]
BTN ($3.42) [VPIP: 30.2% | PFR: 22.6% | AGG: 50% | Hands: 54]
SB ($4.13) [VPIP: 46.7% | PFR: 26.7% | AGG: 31.6% | Flop Agg: 16.7% | Turn Agg: 25% | River Agg: 100% | 3Bet: 25% | 4Bet: 0% | Hands: 15]
HERO ($2) [VPIP: 18.3% | PFR: 13.3% | AGG: 34.4% | Flop Agg: 49.9% | Turn Agg: 24.4% | River Agg: 14.5% | 3Bet: 6.3% | 4Bet: 17.3% | Hands: 3307]

Dealt to Hero: Ac 2c

CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Calls $0.01, HERO Checks

Hero SPR on Flop: [49.5 effective]

Flop ($0.04): 3d Jh Jd

SB Checks, HERO Checks

Turn ($0.04): 3d Jh Jd Ad

SB Bets $0.04 (Rem. Stack: $4.07), HERO Calls $0.04 (Rem. Stack: $1.94)

River ($0.12): 3d Jh Jd Ad 2h
SB Bets $0.09 (Rem. Stack: $3.98), HERO Raises To $0.31 (Rem. Stack: $1.63), SB Raises To $0.62 (Rem. Stack: $3.45), HERO Calls $0.31 (Rem. Stack: $1.32)

SB shows: Js 3s

SB wins: $1.30

Attachments

• Hero with 2 pair loses to full house A .png
    Hero with 2 pair loses to full house A .png
    657 KB · Views: 5
  • Hero with 2 pair loses to full house B .png
    Hero with 2 pair loses to full house B .png
    627.5 KB · Views: 5
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome and sorry for my English.
I like your stats. As for preflop you could raise right here, since SB's limp range when facing BB is usually wider than normal.
Of course SB could also hide some premium hands, but that represents a small portion of his range (we shouldn't rely too much on small samples of V hands anyway).
The flop line x/x looks good to me. And on the turn V make pot bet on a dangerous texture. Here V can have flushes in his range and is not going to fold if we decide to bluff our hand.
River does not change our situation. Maybe we can afford to call but you have to remember you don't have a kicker. The decision to fold is more recommendable in my opinion.
Greetings.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Better to raise pre versus an SB limp.

You have a bluff catcher, calling turn is ok, on the river you could call too hoping to see one diamond hands and other random bluffs. Your hand is far too weak to raise and certainly not call off a 3bet

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi Cardschat people - I'm Beazer , beginner poker player, playing NL2.

How would you have played this hand?

I made a top Pair on the TURN collecting a ACE.
Then i made two pair with the River Card.

Interested in how you would play this hand and my mistakes?

what would a good player be saying to himself / herself by the time that flop arrives? flop texture?
Also, i didn't think about putting villian on a range ( i didn't think about that while playing - i don't have that as part of my " thought process" yet
Hand reading and board texture and " who has range advantage" still new topics im learning.

Feel free to give feedback. im beginner player , i don't know so much . How would you play this hand? what are my mistakes?

or did i play this hand ok? or did i make a mess of this hand? My post flop play in the past has been very bad to say the least.

thanks from beazer.

NL Holdem 0.02(BB)

CO ($3.89) [VPIP: 33.3% | PFR: 29.2% | AGG: 35.7% | Hands: 24]
BTN ($3.42) [VPIP: 30.2% | PFR: 22.6% | AGG: 50% | Hands: 54]
SB ($4.13) [VPIP: 46.7% | PFR: 26.7% | AGG: 31.6% | Flop Agg: 16.7% | Turn Agg: 25% | River Agg: 100% | 3Bet: 25% | 4Bet: 0% | Hands: 15]
HERO ($2) [VPIP: 18.3% | PFR: 13.3% | AGG: 34.4% | Flop Agg: 49.9% | Turn Agg: 24.4% | River Agg: 14.5% | 3Bet: 6.3% | 4Bet: 17.3% | Hands: 3307]

Dealt to Hero: Ac 2c

CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Calls $0.01, HERO Checks

Hero SPR on Flop: [49.5 effective]

Flop ($0.04): 3d Jh Jd

SB Checks, HERO Checks

Turn ($0.04): 3d Jh Jd Ad

SB Bets $0.04 (Rem. Stack: $4.07), HERO Calls $0.04 (Rem. Stack: $1.94)

River ($0.12): 3d Jh Jd Ad 2h
SB Bets $0.09 (Rem. Stack: $3.98), HERO Raises To $0.31 (Rem. Stack: $1.63), SB Raises To $0.62 (Rem. Stack: $3.45), HERO Calls $0.31 (Rem. Stack: $1.32)

SB shows: Js 3s

SB wins: $1.30
Our mates Gustav and StationMaster said a lot of good things that can improve your hands and they are dead on about preflop strategy: we are raising this spot 97% of times and more having any suited ace, and sometimes any ace.
The reason is that when SB completes when it comes in fold is that it is doing this action with nearly 70% range. Okay there will be a trap from time to time, any suited connectors, any ace but we are blocking some of those and we must be raising for value.
When SB calls we have initiative over the pot plus position. If SB 4-bets/Jam we are almost certain it was a trap, but having any suited aces we can decide if we are calling (when villain gives a fair price/odds) or if we are folding (when villain bets too much way out of line).
Even if other players had limped into the pot, we should/could be raising much more than simply checking.
We are only checking here when we own hard hands to play postflop, e.g, 72, 82, 92, 93, etc
On the flop we cannot do anything after SB checks for we haven’t raised preflop so I’m okay with checking behind to see a turn.
Turn brings an ace and SB bets pot. We are certainly calling this way more than raising, for the same reason: we checked preflop so we have no idea where we are or villain’s range.
River is good and we continue calling all day long in order to realize our equity. We are calling here almost 99% of times, we cannot raise for our ace also has completed a flush, we still have no clue about villain’s range and when we raise villain could fold all losing hands and call/raise only with hands that have us beat.
How I would’ve played this hand? I would have raise 4 BB preflop versus SB.

Best regards;